0.3

0.3

NEW YORK

a demon

is a human soul

only corrupted

by its time in hell

-

"So can we talk about those papers now?" Tamina asked, taking the last bite of her pancakes. Calum sighed and went into the living room to get them, they had ate their breakfast in complete silence, it wasn't an awkward silence, it was comfortable in a way. They both wanted to be quiet, to not say a word.

"I didn't want to tell you this just yet because of.." he paused, "Because of Haylee."

Tamina's throat closed up and she nodded, "Just tell me, please."

"Remember Greg?" Calum asked, "He was in his eighties, right?"

"What does that have to do with anything?" Tamina asked, she hated talking about Greg because it just reminded her of all the memories of the murder house.

"It has to do with the fact that Haylee was only twenty-two when she-"

"Don't say it," Tamina said, "Don't."

"Well you know, when she.. passed."

Tamina cringed, even saying it that way made her want to cry. It was like she couldn't accept the fact that the girl who gave her shelter, a shoulder to cry on, her best friend; died. It was like loosing all her friends all over again, because Haylee shared so many qualities that they did.

"What does Haylee's age and Greg's age have to do with anything?" Tamina rubbed her temples, "You're really confusing me."

"Take a look at this," Calum said, handing her a printed copy that he made of Kyle's story, "Kyle died in the 1900's along with his parents, if he was still alive, he would probably be over one hundred years old, along with Haylee."

Tamina frowned and started to think. Calum was right, something wasn't adding up. How was Haylee only twenty two in the year of 2014? She had noticed it before, but she didn't want to think of the thought of Haylee being anything other than normal.

But there was nothing normal about this.

"But this is where it gets even wierder," Calum said, "Not only did Kyle die with his family, someone else did to."

"Who?"

"Haylee."

"What?" Tamina's eyes widened, "What are you talking about?"

Calum handed her more papers and she looked at them, seeing that he was right. Haylee was found dead; in the murder house.

"So what are you saying? She was a ghost?" Tamina's stomach dropped.

"If she was a ghost she wouldn't have been able to leave the house," Calum said, "So, I looked up more information."

"I have a headache," Tamina put her hair up.

"Do you want me to tell you more later?"

"No, keep going," she sighed, "I'll be fine."

"Okay, here's what I found out. The only things that can travel places that aren't human, are demons, there's other stuff out there as well or thats what some people believe, but in our case demons is he most understandable."