4.2

4.2

CALIFORNIA

*ONE YEAR LATER*

when will you learn,

you can't run

from what has broken you?

-

Luke walked into the kitchen to find his wife dancing in her pajamas as she made pancakes. He rubbed his eyes and started laughing, getting her attention.

"You're up!" Charlie said happily.

"Yes I am," he smiled.

They had been married for seven months now. After the wedding they finally were able to have, the entire gang spent it partying up in a bar that they had once went to in Georgia.

That was the last time they had all seen each other, it had been a whole year since the gang had been together.

Charlie and Luke were as happy as ever, with new beginnings and no more demons or ghosts. They were both working and even talking about a family.

Wendy and Quentin still lived in Boston, but with all the money they made from their drug deals, they had bought an actual house for the two of them. They frequently went to Georgia to see Jane, Bailey, Regan, Squid, Rabbit, and everyone from Black Ravens.

Sophie and Michael remolded the house they lived in because Sophie needed a change of scenery after what happened with Abbigial. They were both working, well Michael was, Sophie was working in the hunting world, trying to look for answers as to where her sister could be.

Calum still lived in his apartment in New York accompanied only by his dog, Spots. He frequently talked to Sophie over the phone, talking about research on anything that could give them clues as to where Abbi could be, but in the end all their conversations ended with more questions than answers.

Sophie eventually buried her sisters body, she tried to make a deal behind Michael's back, but it didn't work out to well.

"If your sister isn't in hell, or anywhere to be found, I can't help you," the demon told her, "Trust me, hell has looked for that witch, but no one knows where she is or why she isn't in hell or heaven."

Sophie and the others had been looking for me ever since I flaked on them when they confronted me about Abbi's whereabouts. Of course I knew where she was, but I was done with giving them answers.

I had done my job, completed my plan. I still looked after them because well, I did somewhat like the children, but I knew they'd find Abbi, figure out what happened to her.

"Baby, I need that plate," Charlie said to her husband.

Luke handed it to her and grabbed silverware for her as well. They were married so young, Charlie was twenty and he was twenty-one.

No matter the age though, they were still madly in love with each other.

"Oh no," Charlie looked at the time, "I forgot I have to go in early today. I'm sorry baby, I'll see you later."

She quickly ran upstairs, hopped in the shower and grabbed the clothes she had lied out on her and Luke's bed.

"Charlie, just do your makeup in the car," Luke said as he walked into their bedroom, "And take your breakfast with you, you have to eat something."

"My makeup's done," Charlie said, finishing her mascara.

She threw her hair up into a bun and smiled when she turned around to face Luke.