The fire

Y/n wakes up in an inclosed space, her knees bent, resting her head between them. It's dark, and she feels like she can't move. Wait, she's going somewhere , she can feel herself swaying.

She starts to panic, not liking being in enclosed spaces when she's not even sure where she is. Then it hits her, She's in freddy. Wait, why is he carrying her? And where did she fall asleep?

"Freddy?" She whispers.

"Yes, Superstar?"

"Um... what's going on?" She checks her fazwatch for her location. She sees they're on the third floor. When Freddy doesn't answer, she says again,

"Freddy? Where are we going?" When he doesn't answer again, she bangs on his chest plate, forcing it open. She topples out into the floor, as Freddy stops on a dime.

"Superstar!" He says with alarm, running to her aid. She stands, waving him off.

"Where are we, Freddy?" She says, looking around. She doesn't recognize the room. There's pipes lining every wall, spewing air and other, probably toxic, chemicals.

"There's no time! Come, we have to get to the roof!" He scoops her up into his arms, running with long, even strides down a dark hall.

"What's going on? Why're we going to the roof?" She asks.

"There's a fire. I don't know how it started but we have to get you to safety! There should be an emergency ladder or some sort of fire escape."

"A fire?? How... wait, where's Sun?" Freddy doesn't answer but frowns.

"Freddy, we have to get Sun. We have to!" She says, trying to wiggle out of his grasp.

"Wait, we're almost there!"

"We have to turn around!" She says, jumping from his arms.

"We cannot go back!" Freddy yells, stopping. Y/n stands stunned for a moment. Freddy's never yelled at her before. He stared at her for a moment, before he regains his composer.

"I'm... sorry. That slipped out. What I meant is, the entrance is completely blocked. I could only get you because Sun didn't believe me. He thought I was lying, he started playing and ignoring me, so I had to give up on him. It was... very hard. But now what's important is getting you out." Y/n stares at him for a second, processing what he said. She shakes her head, slowly at first, before repeating, "no. No. No!" Over and over.

"I'm sorry, but there's nothing to be done. I'm leaving my friends down there as well. They're still not... themselves. I don't know why. But there's nothing we can do, now. Come on. Let's get you to safety." He puts his hand out to her, but instead of taking it, she breaks down crying.

"This can't be happening!" She says, her face buried in her hands.

"Superstar..." Freddy puts a hand out to her, hesitant to touch her.

"This wasn't supposed to happen." She whispers. Freddy blinks, before pulling her into a hug.

"I know." Is all he says, making her break down sobbing.

Not a few minutes later, they start to hear the sound of popping fire and metal falling. Y/n looks down the hall from the direction they came, to see a yellowish orange light, but it's not the familiar glow of the pizzaplex funky disco lights.

"We need to go." Freddy says, standing up. Y/n takes a step, but remembers her injury. She can't run.

"Quick! Climb into my chest cavity!" He says, opening it at will. He helps her inside, and takes off once the hatch shuts.

The hall gets darker the further they go, but thankfully Freddy's eyes have their own lights in them, lighting his path.

"I think I can see the exit!" Freddy says, as the end of the hall is coming into view. It's a door, a metal door that says in red lettering: ROOF ACCESS.

He opens the door, and is hit with a gust of wind and a drastically colder tempature. The hallway was stale and dry, but the air on the roof is cool and fresh, the freshest air Freddy had ever been in. He runs out, letting the door close behind him.

He looks all around, his mouth ajar. He'd never scene the outside world, not the real one anyway. He's seen pictures and heard stories, but being under the morning sky in person is a different story.

Y/n climbs out of his chest, shivering when the air rushes over her skin, giving her goosebumps. She takes a deep breath in, smiling weakly at the fresh smelling air.

"This... is the sky?" Freddy says looking up, making y/n look up as well.

"Yup... beautiful, isn't it?" She says.

"It's... the most incredible thing I've ever seen." He says, before remembering their situation.

"Oh, I forgot what we were here for! Quickly, look for a ladder!" He says, and she nods in response. She hobbles over to the edge, peering down carefully. Her stomach drops at the height, so she carefully walks along each wall looking for something,

"Over here! I found something!" Freddy says, waving to get her attention. She walks over, peering down.

"Careful! It's a long drop. But the ladder is down there." He's right! She follows his finger, to a large metal ladder about two feet from the top of the top.

Y/n takes a heavy gulp, before carefully swinging her leg over the side. "Be careful, superstar." Freddy warns, keeping a gentle hold on her arm, in case she were to slip.

She screws her eyes shut as she lowers her leg, sighing when she touched the rung of the ladder.

"Okay, got it. Let's see... how are we gonna get you over?" She says, holding onto Freddy's paw for stability.

"I'm... not coming with you." Freddy says slowly.

Y/n snaps her head up to look at him.

"W-what? Why? You have to! You'll die here!"

"I know. But, this is where I belong. I would lose battery within an hour if i left. Plus, my friends are here. The honorable thing to do is to die with them. I am partly to blame, after all. The fires wouldn't have started if I was doing my job, protecting this facility. We stopped Vanny but for some reason the others weren't... fixed. There must be more to it... something else going on we don't know about."

Y/n remembers something she read a long time ago about a place called Freddy fazbear's pizzeria, and the disappearance of children they assumed was the fault of the owners old friend, his name was something with an A. Alexander? No... Afton? Yeah, that was it. She wonders is that has any connection to the new establishment.

"Freddy, there is absolutely no reason for you to just give up and and die here! The fires can't be your fault. I think there could be a connection with the old locations and this place, but that's not what's important. Right now we have to go!" Freddy blinks, his artificial mind racing.

"If you stay here, I'm staying too. I have no life outside this pizzaplex, so I either save them or die trying." She says, climbing back over the wall.

"You can't. You're too young to put your life on the line like this. I won't allow it." Freddy says, holding her shoulders so she can't go anywhere.

"You can't stop me! And we're losing time so come on!" She looks past him, to the door.

"The pizzaplex is huge, if he hurry we can get everyone out." Freddy sighs, before letting her go.

"Fine, but you have to ride in my chest cavity, you can't run, and the smoke will hurt your lungs."

"Fine by me."

"Good, then let's go." He helps her into his chest, and off they go.

Ooh what's gonna happen next?