Cool nights

After sharing your findings with Beth, it's already starting to get dark. The two of you only notice because Freddy pops into the basement to tell you.

"Does that ever freak you out?" Beth says, after Y/n responds to the bear.

"Hah, If you think that's scary you should see Moon. He likes to pop up behind me with no warning, especially in the pitch black room so all you see is his burning, red eyes."

Beth cringes at the thought, scanning the room for the sneaky animatronic.

"Wait, where's Moon?" Y/n realizes she hasn't met moon yet, not even at the pizzaplex, since she's never been in the daycare during nap time.

"Oh! You haven't seen Moon yet. He only comes out at night or in really dark places. Like the basement." She mumbles the last part.

"It's dark though... does that mean Moon is upstairs?" Beth looks fearfully up at the door as she talks.

"Probably, unless he's in the light. Come on, you haven't met him yet!" Y/n gestures for her to follow, which she reluctantly does.

"Moon, where you at bro?" Y/n calls from the top of the stairs, Beth still hiding behind her back.

She hears a mechanical whirring growing closer, the familiar jingle of the jester'a shoes and wrists. Beth freezes in place, as two red eyes peer from around the corner. Beth screams, hiding behind y/n. He slowly approaches them, giggling his high-pitched giggle.

"Naughty, naughty..." he steps up and towers over Beth, making her hide behind y/n again.

"Moon, cut it out. She's already freaked out." Moon steps back, doing a little dance as y/n coaxes her friend out from hiding.

"He's a gremlin, but he's not gonna hurt you." She says.

"I don't care, keep it away from me!" Her voice goes higher in pitch as she runs to the kitchen, where the other animatronics are littered. She runs to Monty, the strongest looking animatronic. She's scared of him, but at least he's not as scary as Moon.

Y/n glares up at Moon, who just chuckles.

"Who's the girl?" He whispers.

"Her name is Beth, she's my old friend, so be nice. Got it pretty boy?" She says, pulling him close to her by the frill on his neck. He chuckles, jumping into the air, out of her grasp, and disappears into the darkness.

She sighs, walking into the kitchen.

"AH! Y/n, did you get rid of it??" Beth stands between Roxy and Monty, holding each of their hands. They look confused and slightly concerned.

"Get rid of what?" Freddy says, his voice laced with concern.

"She's talking about Moon. Who thought it would be funny to scare her." Y/n pouts as she crosses her arms.

"Oh. Moon will not hurt you, Beth. He is just messing around with you." Freddy explains softly. Beth stays planted between the two.

"I don't care, he's scary as fu-" y/n clears her throat, shaking her head. She's not sure how the animatronics would react to them cussing, but she doesn't want to find out. Specifically, she doesn't want to be sent to her room, or put in time-out.

"Sorry. Oh, shoot! Where's my phone?! I need to get home!" Beth searches her pockets frantically, before checking the time in a panic once she finds it.

"Oh shoot oh shoot oh shoot!" Beth runs for the door, stopping in the doorway. She spins around, as y/n walks over curiously.

"I have to go! I'll see you tomorrow, bye!" And before anyone can react, she's gone. Y/n smiles at her friend, closing the door behind her. Another day, another antic. She says goodnight to her animatronic friends, before going upstairs to bed. Before laying down she opens the window, climbing out onto the roof.

She sits down on the slanted roof, humming to herself. The crickets and tree frogs make a nostalgic, lulling melody as she closes her eyes, taking it in. For a moment, she remembers what it was like before the events of the past few weeks, before the pizzaplex, before the murder and terror.

When she was a normal girl, with a normal life, and never had been chased or injured by robot animals. But the moment is fleeting, when Moon climbs out after her.

"Be careful on the roof, starlight, you could fall." Y/n says nothing but rests her head on his metal shoulder as he sits next to her, not minding how uncomfortable it is. She smiles, the lines on her forehead disappearing for the first time in many days. She smiles, breathing out. To her surprise, her eyes spill over with tears.

She doesn't look up, and Moon doesn't acknowledge it either. She's thankful for that, since she doesn't want to talk. She just wants to sit, and enjoy the chorusing music of the forest. Together.

====================

Y/n wakes up a while later, in her bed with Moon next to her, his eyes remaining unlit as he sleeps. The window is still open, making the room cool and air fresh, a sort of freshness the air hasn't seen in too long.

A shiver runs through her as she curls up next to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. He doesn't move, since he's asleep, but just the comfort of him laying there is enough.

Ik this is kinda boring but I needed to get this chapter out, sorry for the long break😭