new moon

After hours of poking around and searching, lots of reading and skimming, they finally find what they were after.

"It looks... like you, moon." The two stand in front of a lifeless, slumped over body of a precious daycare attendant. It's eyes are dark and it's not wearing any clothes, but with just its head minus the sunrays it looks like moon without his hat. A bit unnerving, Y/n thinks.

"So should we try to do it here? Or drag this thing to the house?" Y/n stands close to moon, not bothering craning her neck to look at him in the face as she talks.

"We should take it back. It will be easier to see in the light." Moon says, and y/n agrees. they spend a few minutes looking for moons clothes, and after finding it get ready to head back. It's up to Moon to carry the body back to the house, which takes a considerably longer time getting back then it did coming.

They don't bother trying to sneak back in, but walk right through the front door. Y/n holds the door for moon as he walks in with the body thrown over his shoulder, as casually places it into the couch. y/n notices now in the overhead light, it has very subtle differences than the current body they share.

"Moon? Y/n? What is that??" Freddy runs over with concern.

"it's a dead body." moon says casually.

"looks like you and the other guy." Roxy says.

"it's an old model for them, we're going to seperate the AI's to two bodies." y/n explains.

"are you sure that's safe? i mean, do you know what you're doing?" Freddy says.

"yeah! i mean, I think so. Moon probably knows more about it than I do." she shrugs.

"as long as you're sure." freddy says.

"what's the matter, you two not able to get along?" monty says. moon ignores him as he sets the body up and puts his hat and clothing on it.

"no, that's not it. they just wanted to be able to interact and be active together." she says. this satisfies him, and after a few minutes moon announces he's ready.

"just switch these wires out from behind my head, and this chip back here goes in the same slot." he tries to show y/n with a diagram he made with a piece of paper and pencil, but she just says "uhhh..." as he explains, making him sigh.

"i'm sure you'll get it." he says, pulling his chip out himself. y/n gasps, and the light goes out of moons eyes, and he slumps down. she quickly but gently grabs the chip from moons hand, and puts it in the other animatronics head. she switches the original daycare attendant back on, causing the sunrays to spring out of their respective slots. soon enough, his eyes flicker back on.

"ugh... y/n, wh-what happened? somethings different. where's moon?" he says, standing.

"he's right here." she holds the chip for him to see, making him gasp and hold his hands cupped under hers in case it falls.

"B-be careful with that, sunshine! you could hurt him!" he says, but she pulls the chip to her chest to keep it safe.

"i know, sunny. i know what I'm doing." she says, walking over to the body which lays slumped next to sun. she opens his back face plate, and inserts the chip where Moon took his from.

she switches him on, taking a few steps back to give him some space.

after a few seconds nothing happens, making y/n's stomach drop. did she just kill moon?

"nothing's happening-" she's cut off by her own gasp, as she sees his fingers curling into a fist, and eyes blinking to light.

they all startle, making Roxy step in front of Chica with a protective arm out.