The ruenion with [redacted]

Flash forward a couple days, y/n has been held up in the basement for too long, bent over the books and notes from the man she now knows was named Micheal.

As she sits back in her chair to stretch, she thinks about him. Where is he? Is he dead? No one's heard from him... weird.

After a few minutes she hears the door open, and she gets an idea. She trips behinds a few boxes, waiting for the person to come downstairs so she can scare them. She chuckles when Sun skips down, but stops when he sees no girl.

"Sunshine? Where'd you go?" He looks around, and she jumps out right as he looks her way.

"Yah!" She puts her hands up like a scary monster, making Sun stumble back and land on his backside.

He screams, making y/n break out into fits of laughter. Sun just crosses his arms and makes a little "hmph!" Sound as he appears to pout. It's hard to tell sometimes with that permanent smile on his face what he's feeling, but his exaggerated body movements tell all you need to know about his current mood.

Once y/n notices Sun's upset, she wipes the tears from her eyes and sighs.

"I'm sorry, Sun. But you should have seen the look on... well heard how scared you were!" She chuckles again, but he just turns further away from her.

She shuffles over to him, to lazy to stand as she was laughing on the ground, and crawls between his outstretched legs. She tries to get his attention but he continues to turn away and ignore her, and if she's honest it hurts her to see Sun upset with her. She thinks she's formed some unhealthy emotional bond with him, and she's terrified to disappoint him.

"Sun, I'm sorry. I thought it would be funny. I promise I'll never ever scare you again." She puts a hand over her heart and her other on his arm, gently pulling it to her his attention.

He turns to her, stares at her for a second, and without a word he gets up and walks upstairs. Now he's really starting to worry her.

"Where are you going?" He walks up the stairs, to her room, and shuts the door.

"Sun, you're being rediculous. Come out." Nothing. She sighs, before knocking again.

"Sun, I'm sorry! Please stop being so-"

"I don't want to talk to you!" He hisses from the other side. Her hand recoils from the doorknob like it burned her, leaving her standing in shock. Did Sun just yell at her?

"Go away, brat!" Tears form in y/n's eyes, and she lets go of the knob slowly.

Sun...what's gotten into you?

She turns to leave, but she's startled when the door swings open and Sun's face is inches from hers.

"AH!" She screams and throws her hands in front of her face, as Sun laughs triumphantly. He doesn't realize however, y/n doesn't find it half as funny as him.

"I'm sorry Sunshine, it was too good of a joke to pass up! I didn't mean anything I said... sunshine?" She still has her arms over her head, but she's sitting on the ground.

"I was kidding, it was a joke!" He sits next to her to her level, moving her hands from her face to see her tears.

"Oh, Oh no no no why are you crying, princess?! Was it what I said?! Did I hurt your feelings I'm so sorry!" He immediately pulls her into a tight hug, making her break down sobbing. She's so relieved Sun's not actually mad, and the jumpscare really sent her over the edge with tears.

"I'm-I'm glad you're not mad." She chokes out, as he strokes her hair with his massive robotic hand.

"Of course not, Y/n, I could never be mad at you! Remember when I told you that in the pizzaplex? I meant it. I love you, dear one." His words cheer her up a little bit, enough for her to look up and smile. Sun wipes the tears from her face, then puts her hair behind her ear.