Stealing The Show

Brooke

Maddie Genevieve Chloe

Nia Paige Mackenzie Vivi-Anne

T

his week, everyone had a solo, since we were competing in Pittsburgh. After pyramid, Abby asked Maddie and I to stay behind as everyone else left.

"This week, you are both competing with two solos." Abby announces.
We look at each other, smiling.

Genevieve: Every year, Miss Abby has Maddie and I perform two solos, it's really fun.

"You're going to perform your solos from two weeks ago." Abby tells us, "And you're both learning tap routines."

"I love tap!" Maddie exclaims and turns to me, "This is going to be fun!"

"Don't forget that you'll be competing against each other." Abby mentions.

"Yeah, fine." I turn to Maddie, "This is gonna be epic!"

Abby laughs as the rest of the girls enter studio "A". Solo rehearsals start right after that, starting with Maddie rehearsing "Cry".

After a couple rehearsals, we are both dismissed.

"Where were you last Thursday?" Maddie asks as we enter the dancer's den, "You left earlier than usual."

"Riley wanted to go see Zane's and Jake's baseball game." I answer as I sit down.

"But they are dancers, right?" Maddie sits down and takes out her water bottle.

"They play just for fun." I say, "Even though I'm starting to think that they'll want to switch."

"Wouldn't surprise anyone." Maddie comments.

The day after, we both decided something. We were going to have a direct "competition" with our tap solos.
Chloe and Nia watched as Maddie and I rehearsed our solos, time and time again, not even taking breaks.

"Isn't it enough?" Nia asks.

"Nope." Maddie answers, "Only when Evie stops dancing."

"In your dreams, Mads." I say, "It'll be when you stop dancing instead."

"In my dreams, I'm in Broadway." Maddie says.

"In my dreams, I'm crushing you and winning the competition." I add.

"Ooh, that's how we're doing it." Maddie smiles, "In that case, I think I can beat you any day."

"I think I'm better than you." I smile.

"I'm the better dancer."

"I'm the better tapper."

"The judges will like me more."

"The judges will judge the dance, not you."

"They'll like both my dancing and my attitude."

"The judges will like my dancing, my attitude, my facials, my charisma and my technique.

"Stop!" Chloe exclaims and we both fall to the floor.

"Talking 'bout friendly competition." Maddie smiles, "But I think I can beat you."

"Not if I do it first." I tell her.

After that, we both start laughing as Chloe and Nia share a confused look.

NICOLE

The next day, the moms were having lunch without Cathy, especially because she was the topic of conversation.