Genevieve Has A Secret

"So, Energy Dance, in Waterford, Michigan. Again, you were second." Abby starts off, "Any other teacher would probably think overall high score, second place was wonderful, and now, the pyramid."

Abby reveals the first two headshots, which, sadly, weren't all that surprising.

"Paige and Brooke. Once again, you're still on probation. You never came to me and said: "Hey, can I enter my solo?"." Abby explains, "Brooke, you should want to do that acrobatic routine. It was beautiful."

No one responded.

"Nia, you did a great job on your solo, you made the top ten, but pay attention to the technique. Apply your corrections. You don't always do that." Abby continues, "Next we have, Chloe. Chloe, great job on the duet. Came out, your back leg was up on the arabesque, you fixed your problems. You had a good weekend." She reveals the next headshot, "Giselle. You were amazing in the group routine, you had fun doing it, and your facials were on point." Next, "Maddie, you had an outstanding solo. You did a beautiful job on the duet."

Maddie smiles in response.

"Next on the pyramid, we have Genevieve. You were the lead in the group dance, but you were distracted, just because of those mothers." Abby points to the four mothers, "They did exactly what I told you: they took the wind out of your sails. You didn't want to do the group dance, I convinced you to do it, you went out there and did your very best."

Mackenzie
Genevieve    Maddie    Giselle
Chloe    Nia    Brooke    Paige

"This week, we will be attending StarPower in Woodbridge, Virginia." Abby announces, "This is the largest competition in the United States. I'm excited about the group dance. I have been preparing it for weeks. Mackenzie, you proved that you're not a little baby anymore. You must be advanced enough to be in the group dance. I'm not watering down the choreography. You'll be expected to do what everyone else does. Maddie, you will be doing a routine called "Looking for a Place like Home". It's a little spin on "there's no place like home", a modern-day version. Genevieve, you also have a routine. It's entitled "Goodbye". Chloe, you will also be doing a solo. Your solo is entitled "What Goes Around Comes Around".

The first thing we started with was the group dance. It's kinda cool, it's entitled "The Huntress", but who knows who the huntress actually is.

Also, Brooke isn't going to be with us this week because of a school dance. Abby decided to replace her with Payton, who is going to be portraying the lead.

~~~

Abby decided to give me an early morning private, so Melissa dropped me off at seven o'clock in the morning.

I get to miss school.

If you've got a good one, don't give it up for greed
If that's not enough well then just leave

"Emotion." Abby tells me as I do the final pose, "You were betrayed, you feel furious about it."

I do the final pose again, this time with way more facial expressions.

Abby: I'm always looking for more opportunities for Genevieve. StarPower is so big that they've split up the competition.

Starting over the dance, I do a quick penche, making sure to point the foot.

Abby: One is at one venue, the other one is down the street in a completely different high school auditorium.

I continue dancing, pouring my heart into each step.