Melissa Pleads The Fifth

TW:

"Wow, this mother's association dwindling, huh?" Abby asks as we get in line for the pyramid.

"Holly's at work." Melissa answers.

"Of course." Abby says and reveals the bottom headshot, "First, Nia. Honey, my heart stopped. You guys always think I'm the bad guy, but I don't want any kid, even if it's not my student, to stop. I just don't want it to happen again, and I don't think it should have happened in the first place. You're better than that."

She reveals the next headshot.

"Mackenzie, there's some things to improve on." Kenzie nods as Abby reveals the next headshot, "Genevieve, you were good. You performed in the group dance, but I haven't forgiven you for the stunt you pulled two weeks ago. This week, you gotta show me that you're sorry and make it up for everybody in here."

Maddie

Paige   Chloe   Giselle

Brooke   Genevieve   Mackenzie   Nia

After the pyramid, we started learning the group dance.

The group dance is about a homeless child, which Maddie will be playing. Nia, Maddie and Chloe have a trio. Maddie and I will be performing solos. Abby didn't really explain what mine was about, though.

After Maddie finished her solo rehearsal, she walked into the dancer's den, where I sat with Chloe, talking about our tap class.

"Genevieve," Abby says.

The three of us look over to Abby, who was standing by the door.

"Come on." She says as she walks into studio "C".

I look at Chloe and Maddie, who were both confused, before following Abby inside and closing the door. I walk up to where she is sitting, avoiding the camera crew.

"What is happening to you?" Abby asks, "Why are you acting so weird?"

"I don't get it." I say, "I haven't been acting weird."

"You were on top of the game last year." Abby starts, "You come back, the fame gets on your head, you start acting different, and you don't even care about all of this anymore."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Then you go over the girls and the mothers and complain about how everything is unfair. You don't appreciate the opportunities I give you." She continues, "You take everything for granted and then throw it away. Then you go complain to everyone else and make me look like the bad guy."

I let out a shaky breath as I tear up.

"Nuh-uh. Don't start crying. Don't be a crybaby, Genevieve!" Abby yells, "You don't get how much I've helped you, you don't get how much I've sacrificed just so you can go out there and win. You are a brat!"

I start playing with the end of my ponytail as I continue crying.

"I'm sorry." I cry, "I am so sorry."

"I don't deserve that." Abby continues talking, still in the same tone from when she was yelling, "I've done everything to help you be the best, but you don't even care. You act like the victim and pretend I am the bad guy! Now you start crying and run over to mommy and tell her: "Oh, Miss Abby said this about me."."

She suddenly stands up and I flinch.

"I've put everything aside to help you, and you have to do the same." She points at me in the face, "This isn't Kindergarten. This isn't about making friends, this is about making it big, being someone out there in the professional world." She slowly sits back down, "And remember, without me, you are nothing."