Revenge Of The Candy Apples

"Overall high-score winners once again at Starbound." Abby starts and we all clap. "Those judges definitely know who the Abby Lee Dance Company is. I want to keep this winning streak going."

Almost all of the dances were first last week, except for Kenzie's solo, which was second. Abby seemed pleased by the results, and that meant that everyone could calm down and enjoy the long-awaited victory. As Abby revealed the bottom headshot, I kept on smiling. I had no idea who could be at the top, but I was starting to think that everyone could be on it, except for me.

I didn't exactly feel like I deserved it again. I was the liar of the group and the one who was a part of Abby's plans. The other girls had no idea and could enjoy the normalcy in their lives. I was the one who had to pretend everything was fair for everyone, but I knew the truth.

And that made me just as bad as the mothers.

The first two girls on the bottom were the Hyland sisters, and they were both related to injuries. The next girl on the pyramid was Kenzie.

"You had a solo. I thought you did a good job. I thought your solo was great." Abby explains. "But crying, having a little meltdown? Am I disappointed in second? Absolutely, but you can't do that 'cause it looks like you're ungrateful that you were second."

I looked over at Kenzie, who looked sadder and sadder by the second.

"You're eight now. You're not a baby anymore. Save your tears for the pillow." Abby finishes. "Understood?"

Kenzie nodded in response, still looking pretty upset. Abby revealed the last headshot at the bottom.

"Giselle. You performed in the group dance and it was first." She explains. "It was good, but you have to be better."

I never thought I'd say this, but I was glad Giselle was back to her old, carefree, weirdo self. Her response to Abby's critique was just rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. It looked like it felt good doing it.

"Evie," Abby announces. "Same as your sister. Performed in the group dance and it was first. You also filmed Drop Dead Diva and still managed to catch up with the rest of the girls."

Nia

Chloe    Maddie   Genevieve

Giselle    Mackenzie    Paige    Brooke

"This weekend, we're going to Starbound, and we will be going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina," Abby says, clapping her hands together. "Kendall? This week, you're gonna do a duet with Mackenzie. Chloe, you have a solo." She looked over to Maddie, who seemed a tad confused. "Maddie, no solo this week."

After a moment of silence, in which I think the moms were silently celebrating Maddie's loss, Abby spoke up again, this time taking a glance at me.

"Evie, I want you to bring your crowns tomorrow." She tells me. "We're gonna show everyone what a winner looks like."

Cue everyone's eyes on me. I stared at Abby, feeling a burning sensation in my eyes, for some reason. The burning then moved to my chest as I avoided making eye contact with anyone. Luckily, Abby soon dismissed the mothers and we started stretching.

What doe she mean by "show everyone what a winner looks like"? We all won last week. We're all winners. It doesn't matter if I have more crowns and titles, we were all winners last week.

Starting with the group dance, I started to think that Abby may have taken the life imitates art comment too seriously. The group dance is entitled "Taken" and it's basically about girls that are jealous of another one, so they want to be like her. Like they know they can't do that, they try to get her to be like them. And I just so happened to be that girl that everybody wants to be. That meant extra attention, and it was something I was starting to despise.