Decisions Decisions

TW:

So far, I sucked at making decisions.

I was lucky enough to avoid the unavoidable talk about the argument at Jayden's mini-party during the past week, but I wouldn't be lucky that much longer. So when I was confronted by my mother and my sister, I simply pulled the sick card, but it meant that I had to stay home the next day and couldn't go to the studio for my private. That's the bad decision I'm talking about.

I was also pretty sure I flunked my science test because I couldn't recognize a single word I was reading, but it didn't mean it bothered me. Instead, I was thinking about the show we had to start filming a new episode for in less than three hours. It wasn't like I was going to try to be a saint anymore. Everyone knew how I was, and if the opinions about me were bad, I wasn't going to fight them. I'd let them believe whatever they thought was true or false. It's ironic that once upon a time I thought being in a show would be fun. Should've said no when I had the chance, but now I'm paying the consequences.

But Miss Abby was the light at the end of the tunnel, but it wasn't in a good way. She was hard on me, extremely hard. Sometimes up to the point where I would push myself so much to look perfect that I'd end up with some horrible pain. One time, it was back pain. Another time, it was a headache. Then, it was my right knee. The point is, I was trying so hard to dance much more mature and elegant that it was starting to hurt when I did leg extensions.

But I couldn't complain about it. "Suck it up," She'd say, "I've done enough sacrifices for you. You have to do the same", She'd say. I'd have to hide the pain behind a mask and continue dancing as if my entire body wasn't screaming in pain. As if I didn't feel I was about to be Dry Bones from the Super Mario series.

A simple push and I'd collapse, or snap, as history has proven these past two weeks.

When I was told I'd be performing my first pointe solo, I had to fake my excitement. I had been hoping to take a break and simply focus on the group dance, but I knew Miss Abby wouldn't take no for an answer.

I felt as if I didn't have a voice anymore.

And I still felt scared when I was around the teacher.

On the other hand, I started to feel distant from the rest of the girls, but after knowing what they had done, I couldn't bring myself to pretend I didn't know about it. After all, no one knew about my conversation with the teacher that one December afternoon in the studio "C".

My blonde hair was styled into a nearly-perfectly done french braid and I wore a red sports bra and some gray leggings as I followed my teammates into studio "A", where the teacher had called us less than a minute ago. Some of them wore fake grins and some others wore nervous smiles, but I didn't have any. I had a simple blank expression written all over my face as I stood between Madison and Kalani and crossed my arms over my back, seemingly mimicking Chloe's action.

Miss Abby hurried the mothers to get in their usual line so she could get started with the weekly pyramid. The mothers ― seemingly laughing about something Christina had commented prior to entering the room ― got into the line, but not all of them did at the same time. We all had to wait an additional five seconds as Jill took off her boots and tossed them to the "shoe corner".

Once everyone was done, Miss Abby started off. "Feels good to win, doesn't it?" Some of the people in the room nodded in agreement with the woman. "We paid tribute to the Tony-Award winning show for best musical, "Kinky Boots", and we won. We did it justice. That's great."

Then everyone clapped, some of them even smiling in satisfaction.

The clapping soon subsided. "Now, you all see that Kalani is here. Payton is back with us. I am very excited to introduce the new, permanent replacements for Brooke and Paige. More importantly, for Kelly. Kira, congratulations. You will be replacing Kelly on this team. Kalani will be replacing Brooke. When Lexi is finally back, she'll be replacing Paige and you'll share your spot with Allison."