99 Problems But A Mom Ain't One

The amount of cheering in the room almost made me go deaf. Still, I grinned from ear to ear even though my two front teeth weren't exactly there-- the left one was almost entirely in and the right one had just fallen three days prior with all the excitement in the world. The cheering continued as a silver tiara was placed on top of my head, although it slipped a bit when I took a step forward. Around my body, they also placed a sash with "Petite Miss Dance of PA 2009" embroidered on the white cloth with a blue thread. The trophy which was way smaller than usual was placed right in front of me and I was also given a beautiful bouquet of flowers, which I held with both of my hands, although most of them were lying over my left forearm.

I had to squint my eyes to watch the audience as they all applauded, congratulating me on my achievement. I couldn't help but feel even more excited about the whole thing. This past competition season had been, by far, my best season yet, and I was right in the running to compete with a solo at nationals. I had two national titles by then, but perhaps they could be three. After all, it was fun to compete at any national competition, and with how good I had been doing until that point, I was sure I would be getting the coveted honor.

Perhaps if June twenty-seventh of two-thousand-and-nine hadn't occurred.

Since that unfaithful day, my entire life suffered a domino effect. One event led to the other, and to the other one, to the other one, until I stumbled and fell on today's date.

October seventh, two-thousand-fourteen.

Was there even such thing as a quick recap?

Here we go:

Two more Turners quit dancing. For obvious reasons, Ava was pulled out almost immediately after I told everyone about you know. Giselle quit later on, mainly because she wasn't even attending any studio anymore, and then she decided to quit to do other things, like cry over Geometry tests. At least that's what she was doing yesterday night when I was looking for a midnight snack.Abby dislikes me, which is a mood. I dislike myself too.I have a photo shoot and an interview in two weeks I haven't told anyone about. Yay!Last time I checked ― thirty minutes ago ―, Chloe's apparently making fun of us, which is weird, but I blame Christi on that one.Kendall is insufferable.Nia, Kenzie, and Payton all won titles at a competition I wasn't allowed to compete a solo in. Two-thousand and nine core!Even with all the begging and attempts of convincing, Lexi and Allison do not want to join the ALDC. Good for them.The nationals episode is set to air today. How exciting!

And I'm done.

We were set to start filming for the fifth season today, which was not exciting, but I was sure I said that every single year. Still, I think I actually meant it this time around.

But I was looking toward the positive side of things. I don't know what it is, but I'm looking at it!

All six of us had decided to wear our hair in buns and red bows. It was a unanimous vote thing, but I just said yes to whatever Maddie said. When they were talking about it on the "DM" group chat, I was too busy trying to kill Zane on Super Smash Bros Brawl-- I mean, I was trying to make Fox ― my character ― kill Samus ― Zane's character ―, and I wasn't going down without a fight after he had won three rounds in a row.

We all got to the studio around the same time, and after greeting Abby and all that, we all made our way to the den. Maddie had gone ahead and taken her spot as the rest of us talked at the front desk. Then, the five of us entered the room and settled down.