Solo Fever

"We're gonna be late." Giselle's voice says.

"I don't care," I murmured as I covered my face with her pillow. "Go on without me. No one will notice I'm missing."

"Abby will." Giselle violently grabbed the pillow, pulling it away from me. "And Maddie. And Kenzie. And Chloe. And the rest of the girls. And the moms."

"They don't care." I sat up on the bed. "Can I have my pillow back?"

She let out a puff of air. "First of all: that's my pillow." She walked over to the upper side of the bed. "Second of all: no."

I groaned as she grabbed my pillow and placed it on a chair, away from the bed.

"If you want it, you'll have to get up," Giselle tells me. "And get ready."

With that, she entered the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Pouting, I stood up from the bed as I stretched and looked over to the chair. Getting an idea, I softly smiled as I grabbed both pillows and tossed them to the bed. Then, I jumped onto the bed as I got back into the comfortable position, and started sleeping again.

It was about five minutes before Giselle came back out and pulled the pillows from under my head. Knowing I had no other choice, I stood up and went to the bathroom. After getting ready, I was given a granola bar before we left the room and started our way to the studio for the week.

Even a twenty-minute walk didn't wake me enough.

As I stripped down to my dancewear, Abby's voice boomed throughout the empty room. "Girls, let's go!"

I followed the rest of the girls as we entered the room, being followed by the five mothers.

"This is one of the premier dance studios in LA," Abby explains as she looked around. "All right, ladies, this week we are staying right here in California." She pointed down to the floor and we clapped. "Yes, but I want to talk about the iHollywood competition. You were not focused on that competition, and I want to compliment each and every one of you on that little girl Nicaya that came to our studio."

It was obvious that neither Kaya nor Nicaya were with us today.

I was kind of looking forward to seeing them, but let's just say that Kaya didn't exactly click with the moms.

"You were all friendly. You all behaved like nice young ladies." Abby turned over to the moms. "You guys, I don't know what happened." She looked back at us. "Let's put iHollywood behind us. We are moving on to the pyramid."

She was met with silence as she revealed the bottom headshot, which was a little surprising. I mean the girl, not the position.

"Kendall. You're back on the team, that's where you have to start." Abby shrugged as she took a glance at Jill. "I thought you were outstanding in the group routine. It's those shoulders, the technique, everything that has to continue to improve."

I looked over to the moms, trying to see their expressions.

Lord, Jill is grinning from ear to ear.

Melissa is too.

Kelly looks so lost.

"Paige. You're coming off an injury, you did the group routine, I thought you did very well." Abby continues. "You should be a hundred percent by this week. You need to dance full out." Moving on. "Brooke. You were in the group dance, and you did not finish the routine in time with everybody else." She revealed the next headshot. "Maddie, in the group dance, you just kind of blended in. A dancer like you should stand out amongst the crowd."

Maddie nodded as Kenzie tried not to smile.

Kenzie was making fun of her sister.

We love to see it.