You've Been Unfriended

I was sure that the Lukasiaks were coming back this week. I don't mean it only because I overheard a conversation between two members of the camera crew, I mean that they should come back. I know Abby said that it was unknown when they'd return, but for the simple mistake Chloe committed, she shouldn't even be suspended in the first place.

However, everyone knows how Abby is.

Even if we weren't at the best times, at least we had something to look forward to. It was December, so the Christmas season was just starting. I really wondered if Genevieve would come back for Christmas, and I really hoped she did, but I just didn't know if she actually would. It didn't matter if I hoped and prayed every single night. If one of those business people said no, I wouldn't be seeing my sister for the rest of the year.

It had already been two months; I didn't want to wait any longer.

"You know, they told me that Detroit was a tough city." Abby starts. "Well, it was. You weren't the big winners; you got beat." She took a deep breath. "Third place. Cathy is a fake and a phony. She calls herself a choreographer? She's an embarrassment to my vocation."

I raised my eyebrows in confusion as I shared a look with Paige.

Now Abby decided to straight-up attack Cathy? I mean, I thought that was what she had been doing from day one, but it looks like this time is a lot more personal and not at all professional or recreational.

After some Cathy slander, she started talking about the duet that she pulled because of Holly. It was unfair to Paige and Nia, and I didn't know what the argument between the two adults was about. I had been in a bathroom break with Brooke when it happened. When we went back to the room, the first thing we heard was Paige talking about the situation and Abby gone. After the Holly slander, Abby talked about "the member that was suspended", which was Chloe. Because of the suspension, Abby had made the decision to remove Chloe's headshot from the pyramid, replacing it with Brooke's.

When Abby revealed the two bottom headshots, I felt bad for the girls. They couldn't perform their duet because two grown adults couldn't stop acting like children, hurting them in the process. It's unfair that they're on the bottom for something they didn't even cause, but that's Abby for you.

"Now, Kendall, you were given a solo. You didn't even make the top ten." Abby explains as she grimaced. "Do I just keep giving you a solo? No." Jill looked over to her daughter in shock as Abby revealed the last headshot on the bottom. "Mackenzie, I told you I wasn't gonna put you in the groups anymore because you are the weak link. This time, I thought you were excellent."

Kenzie smiled as Abby moved on to the middle row, revealing the last headshot to the right.

"Brooke, it was the first time you were officially on the team. I thought the parts you did in the routine that were your solo spots, were excellent."

"Thank you," Brooke spoke up.

"But I need you still to be more of a role model. Understood?" Abby continues. Brooke nodded in response. "Giselle. You're stepping up, filling your sister's shoes, and that's exactly what I need."

Glad about the stepping up part.

Not so glad about the "filling your sister's shoes" part.

Abby revealed the second headshot on the pyramid, which was Maddie's. Abby's quick explanation was that even after weeks of not performing solos, she performed one and won with it. Then, Abby revealed the top headshot, which was the adorable eight-year-old who went by the name of Annie.

As we all clapped, I looked over at the girl. She stood next to Kenzie, who looked like she was about to cry. Her eyes were brimming with tears as she stopped clapping and placed her hands behind her.