The Battle Begins

I love breaks.

Two months since the last competition for the show, we just focused on different stuff. It was a lot of fun.

For example, Giselle and I are starting homeschool next year. I started hanging out way more with Maddie, Riley, and Annie. Chloe, Nia, Giselle, and I decided to have more outings, sometimes inviting the rest of the junior elite competition team girls.

Maddie and I also received scholarships for Joffrey Ballet School, with us set to go for the summer.

Everything also felt good without the constant pressure of trying to be the best and all that.

I just wished it could stay this way.

Oh, one last thing, I'm a big sister!

Ava Grace Turner was born on February 28, 2012. To say she's the cutest baby is an understatement.

There's another thing, Zane is a traitor.

Mom and Dad told Zane about the sex of the baby and told him not to tell us, so he lied about that. He also got the chance to choose the middle name, and I like to think Grace is in honor of Giselle and I. You know, the "G" name.

It doesn't surprise me that my parents decided on Ava for the first name, after all, that was going to be my first name until my aunt suggested Genevieve.

Imagine if my name was Ava.

It would be so much shorter than Genevieve.

Moving on, the pyramid was about to start, so we all walked into studio "A". Well, everyone except for Mom, who has a leave.

Don't know how it works, so please don't ask.

"Where's Abby?" Kenzie asks as we walk inside.

"Where is she?" Brooke adds as we look around the room.

"I wonder where Abby is," Paige comments as we form a line.

"She ditched us in Jersey; maybe she didn't come home." Christi mentions.

"Who thinks Miss Abby is gonna apologize for leaving us stranded?" Kelly asks.

"She never apologizes." Giselle answers.

A couple of minutes later, Abby walks into the room, making everyone go silent.

"Does anybody feel a black cloud approaching?" Christi asks.

"Yeah." Melissa answers.

"What's the weather forecast?" Christi continues.

"So, I guess it's welcome back." Abby starts, "New York City didn't turn out exactly the way I had hoped. Chloe, congratulations. You were the winner. You didn't only win for yourself, you won for the Abby Lee Dance Company. You won for me, my name, and my reputation, so that was good."