On-Again, Off-Again Abby

Abby didn't show up.

And Gianna said one of the most bizarre things ever.

Here's what happened: Abby hasn't shown up, so Gianna decided to go ahead and start working with the group dance. However, when she explained what was going to happen, she told us that the competition was "next week". As in next Saturday instead of this one. It means that we have over seven days to learn the dances. It was supposed to be a two-hour episode for the show, but something feels off. I know everything feels off nowadays, but this was beyond suspicious.

We were without Kelly, Brooke, Paige, but most importantly, Abby.

Gianna and James started teaching the new group dance "Black and Blue", and it was a little weird. For some reason ― also known as the producers and who knows who else ― I was stuck with the lead role once again. I already knew neither the moms nor the girls were happy about that one, but there was only so much I could do about it. If Abby chose me, then I should do it. She isn't even here, so she's counting on me.

My suspicions may have been confirmed when Brooke and Paige showed up. Abby wasn't at the studio, meaning that there wasn't a full-blown fight between her and Kelly, meaning that they could easily come in here and pretend she never stormed out the week of the recital in the first place.

The following day, Abby still hadn't shown up. For obvious reasons, I hadn't had a conversation with Brooke and Paige because they're apparently on Giselle's side of the drama, which means that they're on Kendall's. We were all told by Gianna to meet up in studio "A", and I didn't know what to make out of that. Maybe she was going to explain why Abby suddenly disappeared, or it could be something else.

"As you guys know, Abby's still not here. I don't know if she's coming. I don't know if she's coming today." Gianna started talking. "I tried to call her; she hung up on me."

"Did Abby give you any instructions about this week?" Holly asked. "Or something?"

"Like I already said, the competition is next week and we have more time to work with the numbers," Gianna explained. "We are going to Masters of Dance Arts in Charleston, West Virginia. As far as I know, all ten of you are gonna be in the group dance this week."

Jill: Ten kids, that's a lot. So, Gianna has her work cut out for her.

"Asia, you're having a solo this week. It's a jazz routine called "Lightning"." Gianna announced and everyone clapped. "The second solo is Maddie. Chloe is also doing a solo. The last solo is for Giselle and there's a duet with Kenzie and Asia."

That's a lot.

Brooke spoke up as she played with her hair. "Is there any way I could have a solo?"

"Have you asked Abby?" Gianna asked.

After a couple more things, we started rehearsing the group dance. However, this time around was quicker due to having to work with four solos and a duet. We all sat in the dancer's den as Maddie learned her solo. It was entirely silent, with us just resting and calming down from the rehearsal that had ended barely minutes ago. I, for one, wasn't going to be the one to break the silence. If I did, they would break the silence too, but yell at me for how "ungrateful" I am.

As Chloe started learning her solo about an hour later, most of the girls had left to do their own thing. I was left with Maddie and Asia. The only two who don't hate me. Maddie was resting from her solo rehearsal while Asia was playing with her phone, looking heavily focused on it.

"Do you know that I talked to Chloe about forgiving you the other day and she looked at me with a weird look?" Maddie broke the silence. "Like, when I tried to talk to Kendall about it, she shut me out entirely, but Chloe looked different."