No Solo For You

TW:

Also, I accidentally deleted the previous chapter, but I'm not planning to rewrite it!

Last week, the group routine was a success and two of the solos were first. It was a cause for celebration, even if the other soloist had ended up being second, but at least it meant everyone was happy, also known as Miss Abby was happy.

The first thing that happened once the pyramid event began was that Holly announced that she'd be publishing a book, which was apparently very exciting. They soon moved on to start with the dreaded pyramid and Miss Abby revealed the bottom headshot. "Nia. Not so great in the group routine. Few problems. A little late. The headpiece. The minute the headpiece started to slip, her confidence went down the tubes."

Nia definitely had something with headpieces.

"Kendall. You were good. I didn't have a problem with you at all. Until your mother started to go on and on and on about this, oh, this special part--"

"No, Abby--"

"--And you were supposed to have the apple in your hand," Miss Abby continued. "And blah, blah, blah--"

"Nope, nope, nope--" Jill pointed at the teacher. "You went on and on and made the kids work for their-- that spot. How fair is that, Abby?"

"Oh, it's not fair at all." The brunette teacher admitted. "Maddie, no way you're ever gonna be on the top of the pyramid if you're not here for all the rehearsals, and you know that. You were in L.A., you were working, it was a dance job. The team comes first, but I want you to do other things. So, it's kind of a double-edged sword." She revealed the last headshot on the bottom. "Chloe, you were the overall high score, second place. You had a great performance. Nothing was really wrong."

The Lukasiak girl looked overly confused by the teacher's unusually kind words for her. The only thing she managed to do in response was to furrow her eyebrows in unison and look around the room.

Miss Abby moved on to the second row, revealing the first headshot. "Giselle. You did great in the group dance, but that goes to show that you do better while dancing with other people instead of dancing on your own." She revealed the middle headshot. "Mackenzie. A triple threat. Singing, dancing, acting. You were the overall high score in the junior division. By the skin of your teeth."

Everyone clapped for the girl, who also seemed unusually confused.

"Evie." Miss Abby revealed the second headshot and my heart sunk to my stomach. "You and Maddie had a special part to do, and I thought the bite was great. It led us to a victorious routine. So I think that, uh, the demon and poison inside Kelly was a little bit inspirational."

Kalani

Genevieve   Mackenzie    Giselle

Chloe    Maddie    Kendall    Nia

"This week, we are going to Detroit, Michigan, and we will be attending In10sity Dance Competition." The teacher announced. "This is where the car industry made people millionaires. Suddenly-- the Depression came and nobody's buying any cars. So we're gonna do a routine and call it "Riches To Rags". Maddie, you are doing a contemporary solo, and the name of the piece is "Timeless" because you are timeless, Maddie. And my other solo-- Kendall. This week you are doing a pretty, lyrical solo."

"Abby, can you just explain as to, like, where Kalani fits if she can't go up against Maddie nor Evie." Kira interrupted. "For the number one spot on this team."