Love On The Dance Floor

It was exciting to be in Florida for a competition this weekend. Especially since Maddie and I may or may not have stayed up all night watching movies. There was a "surprise" this week, and it was that Brandon, Brooke's ex, was dancing with us this week in the group dance:

Brandon

Maddie

Genevieve     Brooke   Paige

Nia   Chloe     Vivi-Anne   Mackenzie

After the first group rehearsal, Abby sent us all out, except for Brooke and Brandon. Even with the door closed, Maddie listened to the conversation that was happening on the other side. While she did that, Paige, Chloe, and Nia freaked out about Brandon being here. I just waited for Maddie to tell me.

I knew it was interesting, but it was definitely juicy once Maddie gasped, taking all of the attention.

"Abby's sending Brooke and Brandon on a date." She whispers as she looks at us, "I don't know where, but it's a date."

"I'm asking my mom." Paige comments, "Definitely."

"If it is somewhere fun, we could ask to go." I comment, "Separated. Obviously."

"And if it is a restaurant?" Nia asks.

"Well, we can try and do something." I shrug, "Kelly and Diane won't let them go alone. Also--" I look at Paige, "PaigeyMack, you're the only other family member here besides Kelly and Brooke."

"You think she'll take me?" Paige asks, "She will probably leave me with Christi."

"It's worth a shot." Chloe comments, "Because I wanna see that."

The shot was definitely worth it because we managed to get invited.

Paige, Maddie, and I all went. Chloe, Mackenzie, and Nia all had different things to rehearse back at the studio, so they couldn't come. The producers seemed to like the idea of the three of us going. We were told something simple: Follow Brooke and Brandon, hide from them, and try to take at least one photo each. I loved the idea, and Kelly even bought sunglasses for us. Now, we just gotta put the plan in motion.

"Do you see anything?" Maddie asks as the three of us stand in front of a cotton candy stand.

Paige was waiting for hers to be done, so her back was facing us. I was leaning against it, playing with my sunglasses. Maddie was pretending to be on her phone, while also looking up every now and then.

"Absolutely nothing." I say, "Come on, guys. This is such a big place. We need to actually move around."

"Just give me a minute." Paige tells me as she takes her cotton candy, "Thank you."

The three of us started walking away from the stand and got into the crowd.

"Wait!" Maddie stops us, "Up there!"

She pointed at Brooke and Brandon, who were talking in front of the cameras. I shushed her as I slowly took a couple of steps to the front. I looked up and tried to listen:

"She's weird."

"But you can understand where she's coming from though, right?"

"No."

"All she wants us to do is just--have, like, she was saying, chemistry or whatever."

Paige took out her phone from her back pocket as she handed Maddie her cotton candy. She pointed the camera towards them and pressed something on the screen.