Chapter 30

Aria Day

Christmas was coming and I was pretty much broke.

Yes, it's my fault I used my mother's money, but I didn't think this far. I had money set aside for Riley and Josh's Christmas presents but no money for rent... or of course it could be the other way around. Use the money for rent and no Christmas presents, but I didn't want that.

"Baby, you heard me?" Riley asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I turned and looked at him, he'd just came from school.

"Hey baby." He came over and kissed my cheek. "Where's Josh?"

"You and I said I'd bring him to Fin's today, remember?" I nodded, sighing. I forgot about that. "So we could get his Christmas gifts..."

"Right."

"And I was asking... if you were ready to go. Are you okay?" He asked me, worriedly.

"I'm just stressed." He raised his eyebrow. I hadn't told him about my money troubles. Not to mention, my mother was still in jail, she was not allowed on bail.

She's called me everyday, she gave me the number to her accounts to send her money while she was in there. She still, even in her position, is mad that I'm with Riley.

"Your mom?"

"My mom and the fact that... Riley, I don't have any money."

"Oh, baby, why didn't you just say that? What do you need?" I turned to him, frowning. "I've got money from the clubs and–"

"I don't want to use your money." I told him, feeling frustrated.

"What? Why not?"

"Because it's yours and I'm tired of living off of everyone else." He took a deep breath, holding my shoulders.

"Baby, what's yours is mine. I told you I'd take care of you. Besides, you don't make enough from tutoring, what other choice do you have?" My frown deepened; that didn't make me feel better. "Listen, I'll help you now and we'll figure something else out earlier. I told you I'm here with you. Us against the world." I sighed, nodding.

"Okay."

"Everything is alright, I promise. One day, we'll be married and none of this money shit is gonna matter." I smiled, but that was another one of my problems. I wanted to propose to Riley, but I didn't have the money to do so. I knew he was planning on it, but he was everything I ever wanted and I wanted to show him that.

He'd done so much for me, trying his hardest to protect Josh and I.

"You're right." He searched my eyes and sighed.

"I'm here, okay? Just know that. Anything I can do for you, I will." I hugged him tightly, I didn't want him to feel bad. He was doing everything so right, he was so perfect. But that's why I wanted to do something for him so badly.

"I know baby, thank you so much. You're perfect, I love you."

"I love you too. Don't forget it, sweetie pie." I couldn't help but smile at that one. He kissed my neck softly. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's go ahead." I rubbed his neck, feeling a little better. He pulled away from my neck and kissed me.

Unlike his usual, quick kisses, he held my waist and deepened it a little.

Awe, my baby. He's so sweet to me.

"Hmm," He hummed into the kiss, rubbing my butt. I moaned a little as he pulled back, my lip in between his teeth. "Now we can go." I looked up at him, a sparkle in his eyes. He walked towards the door, leaving me staring.