Chapter 33

Harley Johnson

Wow.

I graduated. Damn, I really ain't think it was gonna happen. I have a feeling they started feeling bad for me and just passed me.

Nah, Aria kept tutoring me and I finally made it. I graduated with a C average. People would probably say it's nothing to brag about, but for me, it was everything. I was proud of myself and...

"I'm proud of you baby." Aria told me, rubbing my back as I held my diploma in my hands. We were home now. Well, her and I; Josh had begged us to go over to Fin and Skylar's house. The two always traded which house they'd go to: either ours or theirs.

"Thank you." I told her, nodding in content. I turned to her and pulled her into me. "We're coming up on a year in a couple of months. We haven't talked too much about what you're going to do. I know you don't want to be in law, but what'll you do?"

"I've been thinking... I may go back to school." She told me, pursing her lips.

"Okay, for what?" A sly smile came onto her face.

"I'm gonna teach. I've got my degree, maybe I can think about furthering it one day, but... I wouldn't mind teaching." I looked up in thought before a smile came to my face.

"Damn, you would be a great teacher. What're you gonna do? Elementary, middle, or highschool?"

"Maybe middle school." She hummed, thinking about it. "We'll see." She looked up at me in wonder. "And you? Have you grounded your thoughts?" I smiled.

I wanted to be a police officer. God, I know, it's weird huh? Me of all people.

Mr. Jim and Malcolm had persuaded me. Besides, if there's things I don't like about it, why don't I just be a small part of change? At least I'll know people are safe with me.

Besides, school wasn't for me. I didn't wanna go back and I was okay with that. I'd still have Dad's clubs to bring in extra money.

"I'm gonna do it. I don't think Dad would've hated me for it." I laughed a little, thinking about it. "He would've been mad though."

"I don't think so either. You'll be great, baby. Don't worry." She told me, rubbing me gently.

I guess you could say Aria and I were basic. We didn't care too much about the fact that our jobs wouldn't make the most money. We just wanted to be happy.

"Ready for our date?" She asked me, her eyes wiggling. I laughed and nodded.

"Hey, that's what I've been looking forward to all day." I leaned down and kissed her. "I love you so much." I told her, pulling her closer. "I could really just keep you here the rest of the night." She raised her eyebrow.

"Hmm, yeah?" She mumbled on my lips. I shuddered, loving the feeling of her hands rubbing the back of my head.

Damn, it be the little things, don't it?

"Okay." She told me, her hands now on my chest, pushing me away.

"You sure you don't wanna stay inside?" I asked her, licking my lips. She looked up at me and shook her head.

"No sir. Stop trying to tempt me. I made reservations." She looked down at her watch. "And we're gonna be late, so come on." I laughed as she grabbed my hand, pulling me out.

"What's wrong with cancelling them?"

"Baby, you graduated. We've got to celebrate. We can have sex anytime." I shrugged. I guess she was right.

"Promise we'll start off where we finished when we get back?" I asked as I closed the door to her car.

"I can promise you I'll make it all worth your while." She told me winking. I looked down at her boobs in the outfit she wore, shaking my head. I sighed frustratedly. "You weren't always this horny. When we were younger you were such a sweet boy." I laughed rolling my eyes.