Chapter 20

Harley Johnson

I hopped on my bike, ignoring the feeling that I was doing the wrong thing. I had to do this for them, I had to make sure they were safe. Even if that meant fucking my self up in the process.

I drove to Dad's; I was anxious, I'd made my decision. This is what I'd be doing from now on.

I got off the bike and went into the house, my legs felt like jello and my heart was aching. I looked down at my phone, 5 missed calls from Aria. I shook my head.

This was for her. I had to do this for her.

"Dad, I know who shot me." He stared up at me, amused.

What Aria didn't know is this is what he'd put me up to in order for me to come back. I knew who it was already, and I'm sure he did too. I felt like it was just a test.

"Who?" I opened my mouth to answer. "She tell you?"

"No, he did. She didn't know." He raised his eyebrow.

"You sure?"

"Yeah Dad, I'm sure."

"What do you want me to do?" I sighed, taking a deep breath.

"I need to take care of him. I have to, Dad. Then I'm all yours, I can be initiated... this is what I'm gonna do. There. I made my choice." A smile snaked its way onto his lips. I felt like I made a deal with the devil; everything in me told me no, but here I was.

"I'm glad you've decided, son." He stood and held my arms. "This is what it's supposed to be. You and I against the world." I nodded and he pulled me into him, hugging me.

"H–Have you been watching him?"

"Yeah, we have. That's how I knew who she was. When I found him we looked into him and everything came to. He's in a gang with them white boys over there in Parkville." I nodded.

"We got a deal with them or what?" He grinned, grabbing my shoulder.

"Do we have a deal? I supply them. I run them boys. All I gotta do is say the word and he'll be here. I just been waiting on you to man up to do it. I been thinking I'd have to do this shit myself." Damn, that was easy.

I ain't wanna do it today, but I also didn't want Josh to be in trouble. I had to act as soon as possible.

"Let's go get him." I told him, anxiously. He stared at me weirdly before nodding. He grabbed me roughly, by my neck. I tensed up, thinking he'd hit me.

"This gone make you a man son. These are the tough decisions men have to make. You'll get used to it." I swallowed and nodded as he patted my back again. "You'll be alright. Hell, I am." He tried convincing me.

"O-okay."

I followed him and two of his boys to the truck. I was in a daze.

This is what you have to do. It's right. Like Dad said, it'll all work out fine. It's gonna be okay.

"You alright?" Dad asked me as I stared out at the window.

"Oh, yeah." I told him, unsure myself. In all actuality, I was thinking about the life I could've had with Aria and Josh. The fact that Christmas was coming up soon. I was supposed to be cooking Christmas dinner to show off my skills to Aria. I smiled to myself, feeling my eyes burn. I shook my head and clinched my jaw.

I hate Owen.

We pulled up to a warehouse that I'd never been to. I knew it was on the side of town that I grew up in; where Aria and her father lived. This must be Owen's gang's headquarters.