Chapter 26

Aria Day

"You promise Riley's coming back home?" Josh asked for the fourth time tonight. He and I were sitting on the floor playing with legos. We'd just finished dinner and a bath. I promised him we'd play before he went to sleep.

"Yes honey, I promise."

"Then why didn't he come for dinner?"

"He's eating with his mom. He'll be back soon." He nodded, looking up in thought.

"Riley told me he didn't have a mom."

"He didn't at first, he just found her, when his dad died." He nodded slowly, looking at me in wonder.

"So will I find my mommy now that Daddy died?" I frowned, feeling bad now that he said it. I probably should've watched how so told him that.

I put down the lego that I had and looked at him closely.

"No, honey... your mom died when you were younger." I told him softly. "She won't come back." I mumbled to him. His face fell.

"How come Riley's mom came back?" God how did I get myself in this predicament? I felt horrible now, I wish I didn't have to explain all of this to him.

Thankfully, just as I was opening my mouth to speak, we heard the door unlock.

"Riley's here!" He said excitedly, going over to the door. The door opened and there stood my boyfriend, in all his glory.

Cute, even in his school uniform.

"Hey Josh, how was school?" He asked, hugging him.

"It was cool. At recess, I got to play with Ash and I told him I moved away from home. He was sad but I told him I'd talk to my Aunty and Riley and tell them that they should talk to his parents cuz we wanna hang out. Then he got happy again. Oh and then, we had pizza for lunch and it was sooo good, they had stuffed crust." He went on and on to Riley about his day, all of which I'd already heard on the car ride home. Riley looked up at me during this, a huge smile on his face.

"That's great, man. I'm glad it's been a good day. We'll have to talk to Ash's parents about you two, okay?" He nodded quickly.

"Great. Aunty and I were playing with legos, you wanna play?"

"Uhh duh. I'd love to." Riley told him, shrugging. He grinned widely and pulled Riley over to me.

"Oh and you two can hug or whatever. I know that's what you're supposed to do." He said, looking down at his toys. Riley and I locked eyes and burst out laughing.

"Thanks for the permission." Riley told him. He pulled me into him and I hugged him tightly. "Hey baby." He mumbled, rubbing my back. I felt so relieved and safe, I sighed, letting out all of my tension.

"Hey." I mumbled, burying my head in his neck. He hummed, relaxing in my arms.

"Feels nice, doesn't it?" I laughed a little, nodding. "I'll save those kisses for later, okay?"

"Mhmm." He pulled back and studied me before kissing my cheek.

"Let's get into these Legos." He said, bending down. I smiled, mimicking him to play with Josh.

~

Josh was fast asleep on his pallet on the floor and Riley held me in his arms. He kissed my forehead before he moved to my cheeks and began attacking my whole face in kisses.

I giggled, squirming a little and he laughed.

"Told you I'd get those kisses in." He kissed my lips softly, but I pulled him closer.