Chapter 14

Harley Johnson

I laid back on Aria's bed, Josh had just left. She'd asked me to stay here and hide the fact that I was over when Owen came.

She said that she didn't want the two of us arguing in front of Josh, which made sense to me. I didn't think our argument was that bad, but I didn't care. If that was what she wanted, that's what would be done.

I really enjoyed being here with her and Josh.

They both had brought out something in me that'd been hidden all these years.

The hope for me to have a family again was coming back, but I didn't want to get too hasty. I didn't want to get my hopes up.

Aria appeared at the door, a smile on her face.

"Wassup?" I asked, smiling as well; her smile was contagious.

"Just looking at this sexy man in my bed. Do you have a problem with that?" I grinned, shaking my head.

"No, not at all." I stood, walking over to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Hey, I was thinking..."

"And I'm listening." I laughed.

"Maybe I can take you on a date." Her eyes widened and she nodded quickly.

"Y–yeah? I'd love that. When?" I kissed her lips.

"Now, baby. Let's get dressed." She raised her eyebrow, laughing.

"What? You've planned it?" I shook my head.

"No, a spontaneous date. Let's just drive around and do what we want. I'm paying for it all."

"Riley..."

"What, love?"

"I don't know... you're just..." She smiled, playing in my hair. I'd grown it out again, I knew she liked it longer. "The best thing to ever happen to me." I grinned, leaning down to kiss her again.

"Great. Get dressed." I hit her ass and turned around to get my clothes ready.

"Don't start something you can't finish." I laughed, shrugging.

"I definitely could, but let's save that for tonight."

So we got dressed and went outside. She had the keys for her car and I shook my head at her, grinning.

"What?" She asked.

"We're not riding in your car." She looked at me like I was ridiculous.

"Well we're not riding on your motorcycle." I laughed at her and went over to wrap my arms around her waist.

"Spontaneous, remember?" I'd bought a helmet, I'd been trying to get her on it for a while now.

"Riley, they're dangerous."

"You trust me, don't you? I told you I'd protect you. Hold on tight to me." She looked at me, apprehensively. "How about this? I'll take you around the corner on it. If you don't like it, we'll come back and get your car."

"Promise?"

"Pinky promise." I held my pinky out and we linked it. "I'll make sure you're safe." She nodded and I grinned. "Great." I kissed her forehead, pulling her helmet over her head.

"Messing up my hair." She grumbled, cutely. I pulled mine over my head and pulled my leg over the bike. I held my hand out to her and she took it, getting on the bike as well.

"Hang on tight." I felt her arms wrap around me, she was tense. "Baby, relax. It'll be okay." She nodded, but still didn't relax. I backed the bike up, out of the garage. "Ready?"