𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

❝ Horrible acquisitions. ❝

████████████████████████████

The First task was restless as it was anticipated by many. Witnessed by staff, professors and students alike, they all were amaze to see how Harry managed to complete his job in capturing the golden egg. Despite a lot of students downing him and expected him to lose right off the bat, he took Aurora's advice by heart. It was not to listen to horrible words and just let himself be free of what his actions may do next.

"People are talking, Rory." Daphne claims as the pair were either sitting down on a bench near the courtyard and the other just standing on her feet, leaning on a concrete pillar as they converse. Aurora happens to be the latter while resting her bag on her shoulder, staring on the floor while she listens to Daphne. "They say Fleur's using you to get information. I'm not saying I agree but their reasons are believable. You're quite close with both Diggory and Potter."

Of course — not believing in any of those — Aurora was frustrated with people minding her business and who she should be friends with. Perhaps something more, she was yet to know this weekened of her date with Fleur. After witnessing her almost get burnt while stealing an egg from a sleeping dragon, Aurora realized the extent of her care and worry. She wrote about it to her father and he was yet to reply.

"Bunch of lies and insecure lot." Aurora boredly says, her eyes still lost as if she's in a heavy trance of going to sleep in a daydream anytime soon. "Just when I'm beginning to actually like Fleur, there are always people in the way of it." She mutters.

"Rory." Daphne sighs, almost frustrated as her best friend is too. It made Aurora look up to her, didn't like how she sighed. "Do you know that a bunch of Gryffindor are the one spreading the word? Some are your friends."

"They are now strangers to me." Aurora firmly says without hesitating. "You don't believe Fleur is using me, right?"

Daphne shakes her head but it didn't seem like she was disagreeing. It seemed like she wanted to dismiss the topic and evade the question asked. "They're making fun of her too."

"Give me names." Aurora demands, almost too firm and strict as she did want to know names now. Who would be sadist and lowlife enough to make fun of people?

"Are you certain you're not interested of her because she's a veela?" Daphne asks, innocent, sure, but Aurora took slight offence.

"Of course not, Daph." Aurora says genuinely, pure of mind as her heart and soul is attested to herself. It was slightly hurtful that her own friend is questioning her decisions. Was it so wrong to actually like and pursue someone like Fleur? "I actually like her, you know." Then she chuckles, almost too bitterly. "It's the first time I've admitted it out loud."