𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

❝ Late Christmas and birthday gift. ❝

████████████████████████████

The next day of the ball turned either for the better or worse for certain people. Brightly morning, Aurora was too happy and filled with energy to sleep so she didn't. Despite taking a long and warm bath in the Prefect's bathroom, she managed to feel at ease in such a long time and decided to abuse the feeling. For it was only temporary and she came terms with the fact when she was six years old.

During the dance, Aurora was stolen quite a few times by Elias, Fred and George. It slightly tempered Fleur's patience of being forced to watch the scene happen continously. First, it was Elias and Aurora tried to refuse but the boy gave her no choice and apologized to Fleur, telling her that he'd dance with her after Aurora and so he did. As Elias and Fleur share a delicate moment to talk about Aurora, Aurora was dancing with George.

As they did, Fleur can't help but recall what Elias told her.

"Take care of her, yeah? Aurora may seem like this bubbly lass but she certainly mastered the effects of acting. She's told me plenty of secrets but I'm certain there are much more than she hasn't told me. I can tell it hurts and it's why I don't ask. Don't hurt her. She's been through too much."

Fleur couldn't see an outcome of her path with Aurora where it ends with them both hurting each other. Most importantly, she doesn't see herself willingly hurting Aurora. Either by physical or emotional way, they seem to be the type of people to apologize when the other interrupts so rudely in a conversation.

Already dressed in white coat and underneath was black shirt, worn boots to prevent snow from corrupting her feet and Slytherin scarf wrapped around her pale neck, Aurora was early to her Hogsmeade trip with the Triwizard champions. The tiredness was there but she pushed it away when she reads her father's letter to her from yesterday.

Leaning against a wall and unbothered by snow beneath, Aurora voiced out the immature students having snowball fight in the middle of the courtyard.

Dear Aurora Black,

Happiest eighteenth birthday to my little girl. I know I've missed every single one including this one but I hope that one day, we get to celebrate it together as a family with Harry and your friends. Especially Miss Delacour who I want to meet one day if possible based on how you think of her and told me first. Like I've said in an earlier letter, I've arrived in England and I hope to get closer to Hogwarts to see you in person again.

I would've given it to you myself but I cannot. In the envelope, is a necklace gifted to me by your uncle Regulus. Before the dark lord, before I fled from my once home, me and my brother were close. He hoped to one day for me to pass this necklace down to any of my future children but I laughed it off, thinking, at the time, that I won't ever have a child.