𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

❝ The big question. ❝

████████████████████████████

As the Yule ball was finally announced, it put a lot of unrequited nervousness to the boys who are tasked to ask someone as a date. It was difficult to do, especially to Ron and Harry who was yet to find a date as they did not know how to ask in the first place. They tried asking — which failed in the end — Elias for advice who only answered stiffly and ridiculously for the sake of Aurora who told him to give an actual advice.

It wasn't at all useless, really. Elias is a dashing man, he knows there are girls and even boys in different houses that fancies him. Though he asked one and it was for the sake of his sanity of not wanting to start a relationship. Not when it would be heard from his parents and he'd get a serious scold so he asked Daphne but only as friends.

Asking her seemed like the right decision because Daphne said yes, had someone ask her already before Elias but settled on him instead.

Leaving out one intentionally so she would ask Fleur to the Yule ball. Despite already causing mayhem of ridiculed and treacherous rumors of Fleur using Aurora for the tournament gain, it seem to die down once more and less people had talked about it. They were all focused on the ball and wrecking their brains on who to ask.

"I heard Cedric was contemplating to ask you." Elias chips in, sitting casually on the long seats of the Great hall, having finished eating breakfast for the day. Arms crossed and leaned backwards on the table, he glances at Aurora who was chewing her food.

"Yeah, he did." Aurora says as if it was no big deal which it was. Apparently, Hogwarts' Triwizard champion, Cedric Diggory, was rejected. Not in public and Aurora definitely did not make a big show of it. She just told him that she was meaning to ask Fleur. "Only because his father wanted him to take me. I declined."

Cedric returned the favor by teasing Aurora for being infatuated with someone who is suppose to be out of reach.

"Ouch."

Aurora snorts, shaking her head by Daphne's comment. "We're friends. It'd be weird."

"It is not weird." Elias defends, huffing as he is one to ask one of his best friends in the world. Daphne agrees with him, pointing her fork in behalf of what he said. Then he quickly looks at the Ravenclaw table, seeing Beauxbaton students excitedly chattering together with a few Ravenclaw. But he seem to notice that Fleur is the odd one out, quiet and just smiling, nodding when they speak directly to her. "So, when are you finally going to ask Delacour?" He taps the table.