𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

❝ Sirius Black and Aspen Briar. ❝
❝ Aurora Black and Fleur Delacour. ❝

████████████████████████████

Early morning in the Grimmaulds place, Aurora spent the night in her room there and alone in bed. With Fleur telling her she should at least spend time with her father for one day, Aurora couldn't deny her and agrees with distain. They did share a wonderful goodbye and Fleur promising to tell her something when she visits the next day.

"I wouldn't want your name there." Aurora pried her eyes away from the Black family tree and to her father who was standing between the archway entrance. Sirius smiled warmly then enters, looking around the walls that corners are beginning to fade. "But I'm not surprised when Walburga and Aspen did. I heard of it but never had the power to stop it."

Between Sirius's burned name and then Aspen's — both seperate as a sign they are not together by love or marriage, just a quick connection that created Aurora — there was a vine of leaves trailing below and Aurora's name is displayed. It was neither smudged nor burnt, Aurora assumed her lovely grandmother didn't have a chance to when she died before she can.

"I can't imagine you living here with them. It sounds insufferable." Aurora admits, crossing her arms as she became uncomfortable by her own name plastered on the Black family tapestry. It was unnerving to see to be part of a family that marked her father's horrid past as he claimed.

"It was." Sirius laughs, a distinct memory of himself getting in trouble by buying muggle materials to accommodate of him being the rebel child. "It was better with Reg. That was before I left." He continues.

"Dad." Aurora calls and he hums, still staring at Regulus Black's name that was connected to his as an equal. "Did mo — Did Aspen get pregnant when you two were still in Hogwarts?" She asks out of the blue, stunning her father who wide eyed looks at her. "It's just — I've spent a long time thinking about it and that's all I can come up with."

"I'm just surprised you caught on." Sirius chuckles but bitterly. "And yeah, you're correct. I've always fancied your mother in all the wrong ways. She hated me and me being a stubborn prat, I foolishly pursued her but not out of love. Then one night before Spring break, things happened in the Slytherin common room."

Aurora cringes, "Dad, come on."

"What? You asked." Sirius laughs, finds Aurora's disgusted expression funny that is mixed with a morning face. "Anyway, she and I never spoke of it again and I eventually forgot about it over break. Then I remembered when she visited James's house just a day before term begins again."