𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

❝ The Yule ball. ❝

████████████████████████████

Students and staff alike paraded the entrance of the Great hall, its entrance still closed from being entered and people waiting for eight. Eyes trained on a certain Slytherin seventh year who mindlessly didn't care, to be completely honest. Of the stares, not the Ball. Noticing that Fleur hasn't arrived yet, she walked towards Cedric who is unaccompanied and waving his hand with a gentle smile.

"You look gorgeous, Aurora." Cedric compliments, his hands now clasped together in front of him as he awaited for his date.

"You clean up nice as well." Aurora chuckles as she fixes the gloves on her hand which she forced herself to wear, its silk white linen matches coordinating to the dress she wore for tonight. In doing so, she caught eyes with her friends who was mindlessly talking. At some point, Daphne smacked Elias on the top of his head making him frown and fix his gelled blonde hair.

Beneath gloves, Aurora didn't need a reason for anyone to see of what she did when she was thirteen years old. How the Cruciatus curse became so terrible on her health, she convinced herself to end it all with a slice of a knife and hoped to bleed out on the tiled floor. Stained with scarlet red, her mother found her and immediately began healing without hesitation. Aurora was sure she lost her sanity that summer and told no one of it, didn't want them to judge her actions based on the emotions she felt at the time.

"I heard your date and mine were getting ready in the Ravenclaw common room." Cedric says, stepping forward as he is now standing alongside with Aurora who frowns, fixing her posture at that while looking around.

"How can you tell?"

Cedric shrugs, eyes glued on his date who was walking with Fleur Delacour and the pair causing untimely attractions from people they walked pass. "I just can." Aurora follows his gaze and now felt the nervousness struck her airway but remained compose. While he went over to greet Cho halfway, a silly grin on his lips, Aurora looks away for a second to get a hold of herself.

"Happy birthday, mon amant." Fleur smiles widely, risking a limb when she plants a warm kiss on Aurora's cold cheek prior to the cold winter day.

"We've been on one date." Aurora arches an eyebrow teasingly, her head tilted to the side in attempt to throw the Beauxbaton champion off. Which worked, of course. Fleur learned to be vulnerable and failed to overcome Aurora's soothing and alluring voice.

"Technically, two. This counts as a date, no?" Fleur let her slim arm drape around Aurora's who doesn't protest, admired that they have nothing to fear. If Fleur can face off a dragon, what can obnoxious students do to her?