𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

❝ Morning surprise and evening preparations. ❝

████████████████████████████

It's Christmas day and Aurora has unfortunately been waken up in such an early hour to her dismay. As much as she wanted to sleep, having the right mood to do all day, Daphne kept smacking her with a pillow until Elias gets in to fully wake her up by annoying her. They didn't mean no harm but all Aurora ever wanted to do is hex her best friends for ruining a perfectly good morning to sleep on.

"I can't take you seriously after you shoved me off of my own damn bed." Aurora grumbles, sitting on the cold floors with her blanket thrown as well as an attempt to fully wake her up.

"Hey, at least Elias didn't pour cold water onto you." Daphne chuckles, her arms tightly folded in front of her silk robe where underneath was her pajamas. Though they've already annoyed their roommate by bringing in a boy in their room so she had left.

"The option was there but it's your birthday so I didn't want to be mean." Elias admits sheepishly, hand extended out to the girl on the floor who huffs and accepts, muttering words to curse the two enough for a millennium. "Bloody hell, don't tell me you're not up for what I have in store for today."

"I'm not up for anything besides sleeping in." Aurora mutters coherently, picking up her pillows and blanket before tossing it back on her bed. Her attitude in the morning made Daphne and Elias snicker to themselves, knowing their best friend isn't a very bright person in the mornings.

"Daphne, go get ready, we'll leave in twenty minutes." Elias instructs as if he's a commander to a soldier. It made Daphne roll her eyes, telling Aurora happy birthday once more before grabbing her towel and headed in the bathroom. As the door clicks close, Elias sits down besides Aurora and didn't let her lie down again for her threw his arm around her shoulder. "Why so grumpy today? Aren't you at all excited to be able to dance with Fleur tonight?" He held a smirk.

It made Aurora blush, "Oh, Salazar — Shut up." She mutters, finds it more pressuring when Elias laughs by her ear.

"Okay, since the ball is hours away, I was thinking me, you and Daphne heads to Hogsmeade for the meantime." Elias suggested with a shrug. "I can buy you anything you want."

"No gifts."

"It isn't a gift if I'm willing to pay for our food, Rory." Elias didn't understand on how Aurora never liked being handed things for her birthday. Or any occasion, that is. "Also, this came for you." He hands her a parcel that didn't weigh a ton at all.