Part 21

(Reader POV)

3 Years Ago

You dug through your camera bag trying to find the address. Sighing at the sight of the paper as you continued your walk into the building. The blaring of music and screaming people made you raise an eyebrow as you continued through the door.

"Why in the hell would a band be playing a magazine publication office?" You mumbled.

You looked down at the paper, not noticing a heavyset man standing in front of the next door with his arms crossed in front of him. The no bull-shit look on his face made the hair on the back of your neck stand up. The whole situation seemed shady as fuck, and you wondered what kind of madness your friend had gotten you into. You nodded at the man and tried to head down the hall.

"Hey where do you think you're going?" The man called.

"Why is that any of your business? I didn't know I was supposed to check in with security," You replied, turning to look at him.

"Um missy, if it involves my band, I need to see the backstage pass for the video shoot and party afterwards," He replied, moving toward you.

"I'm not here for a band. I'm here to meet Mr. Smith in suite 201 for an interview, you dumb ape," You snapped.

"Right, that's a new one I haven't heard from a groupie, trying to get to Gene or Paul," He laughed.

You stared up at the man as he stood in front of you, his black greasy hair pulled back into a tight ponytail and muscular arms that would put The Hulk to shame. You waved the paper at him, trying to show him you were telling him the truth. He looked at the paper and shredded it, throwing in the trash bin next to the two of you.

"What the fuck is your problem!" You screamed, feeling the heat coming off your face and ears.

The man went to open his mouth just as two men walked out of the door across the hall from where you stood. You looked up, seeing the name tag hanging off the door, Bruce and Eric. Groaning realizing you had come to the wrong building, as the smaller man stepped out with his bushy mop of hair followed behind him. Placing an arm on your shoulder and looking at you with concern, you saw his face go from concern to anger.

"Tony, Paul has told you about disrespecting fans like this! Are you supposed to call every female fan a groupie? From what I heard in the dressing room, she told you she had confused the address for something, and you just berated her without trying to help her. Bruce come here,"

"What's up?" The taller man asked,

"Tony is being a dick again to this young lady, who I'm sure is a fan of ours. Will you go get Paul for me? I will not leave her with him." Eric asked over his shoulder.

"Yes, I'm a fan of the band. However, this is partially my fault. I got the address wrong for the interview I was supposed to be going to. Eric, thank you for sticking up for me, but I'm just going to find a payphone. I can't miss this job opportunity." You replied, pulling away.

You gave a small wave and headed out of the door, feeling beyond stupid by the fiasco that you had caused. The icy wind smacked you in the face, making you pull your jacket closer around your body. Searching around the area for a payphone to call your friend for the correct address and tell her all about the situation that had taken place. You heard a whistle come from behind you, making you cringe as your skin crawled. It was something about this new town you couldn't get used to, men randomly cat-calling or whatever you felt when they saw you. Turning around, you saw Eric with another man, making your heart sink.