Part 23

(Paul POV)

After-Party

Paul stood beside Gene and Shannon, listening to them babble on about plans for later with Tracy. The singer cringed at the thought of hanging out with Shannon's sister, knowing it would only end with a night full of mistakes just to shut the woman up for a while. The singer scanned the room, trying to locate you, knowing he had seen you leave with Eric. Finally grinning as he spotted you leaning against a wall, trying to not look bored as his drummer bounced around, probably talking too fast for you to catch everything.

"I'll be back soon. I want to go say hi to the fan that our tour manager upset early," Paul said, giving Shannon a hug.

"Tony is just a big teddy bear. You just have to get used to him. It's not his fault that girl was just as rude to him." Gene replied,

"Gene, I told that man needs to be put in his place. Tony is mean to anyone that isn't you like he is only around for you." Shannon replied, smacking the bassist.

"Oh, didn't you know Tony is Gene's bitch? Gene gives him special attention when you aren't around. That's why they are glued to each other." Paul said, grinning,

The singer waved goodbye one more time and attempted to walk off, when an arm grabbed him and pulled him to a stop. Paul turned around to see Shannon holding on to him, with a sad smile on her face. Paul knew what was going to come out next, out of the woman's mouth, but out of respect for her, the singer stayed and listened to the question. He knew Shannon was doing it out of love for her twin sister, but Paul didn't feel love Tracy did and would not lie like Gene did every day to his unexpecting girlfriend.

"What about Tracy? She is going to be here soon, and she really wants to talk to you, Paul. You two are good together," Shannon said, touching the singer's shoulder.

"Shannon, I love you like a little sister and appreciate what you are trying to do here. Tracy is a friend and I will not lead her on. Hell, Eric is available and is over there, probably trying to get her in bed with him. Gene bet everyone three hundred dollars that he could fuck her first." Paul replied.

"WHAT?" Shannon screamed, turning toward Gene and smacking him.

"I told you he would not go for Tracy again. Why are you screaming about it?" The bassist asked,

"What about the three hundred dollar bet for if you screwed the little brunette over there with eric?" the woman asked

"You son of a bitch," Gene growled

Paul looked over to see you now, with both Bruce and Eric looking around for the nearest exit. The singer knew the same feeling as the room felt like it was closing around him. Gene moved forward to grab Paul to have another conversation, before the singer smacked his hand away and wrapped his arm around Gene's girlfriend's shoulder.

"He also told me that if he lost by 1 am, he was going to talk to you about getting serious in the relationship. Gene, do you still have that little ring booklet Tony got you for Shannon to look at? I think they took your jacket to our dressing room." Paul replied.

Shannon covered her mouth in shock at the guitarist's statement as the bassist turned white as a sheet of paper, knowing there would be a mess for Gene to clean up for a while, giving Paul ample time to talk with you. The singer grabbed two plastic cups from the refreshment tables, smelling the bourbon leaking up from the brim of each of the cups. He stopped for a moment, watching you shake your head as both men went back and forth with each other.