Chapter 17

Lily POV

I look down at the arena at my two friends as they prepare to duke it out for a spot in the finals. "THE FIRST MATCH OF THE SEMI FINALS!!!! BOTH COME FROM HERO FAMILIES MAKING THIS A BATTLE OF THE ELITES!!!! FROM THE HERO COURSE, TENYA IIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Present Mic loudly announces as all the cameras turn towards the glasses wearing male. I look towards Tenya, a proud expression on my face. He's made it so far. I wish Tensei was not on that mission. He would be so proud of how far he has gotten already. I quietly hum in thought. Speaking of the mission, I have not gotten any alerts or anything on my phone. That must mean the mission is going well. At least I hope. "VERSUS!!!!!!!!! HIS CLASSMATE, SHOTO TODOROKI!!!!!!!!!!!" The voice hero screams again as all of the cameras turn to Shoto. I look towards Shoto, the same proud expression on my face, but this time, with a little curiosity mixed into it. I wonder if he will use his flames this time around also like he did during his fight with Izuku. If he does, Tenya will be in even trouble. For Tenya to defeat Shoto, he will have to find a way to get close to him, which will be a hard feet even with his engine quirk. Shoto will probably try and keep him at a distance since his quirk works is suited for long range attacks. That means Tenya is technically at a disadvantage. "START!!!!!" Present Mic screams, signaling for the match to start. Just as Present Mic says that, Shoto immediately sends multiple small glaciers of ice towards Tenya, just like he did during his fight with Izuku. Tenya quickly dodges and starts to run around the battlefield. I look at the two with an analytical expression. With Tenya continually running, it will be harder for Shoto to send an attack towards him. I watch as Tenya suddenly tries to run toward's Shoto right side, but Shoto creates a wall of ice, stopping him. "IIDA IS SURROUNDED!!!!!!" Present Mic screams. 

I look at Tenya's situation with narrowed eyes. Present Mic's right. He can't escape. He has two walls of ice blocking both sides. The only way is forward, towards Shoto. Shoto swiftly sends another ice attack towards Tenya, obviously trying to finish him off quickly. "TODOROKI IS GOING FOR THE WIN ALREADY!!!!!!!" Present Mic excitedly screams. 

Just as the ice comes toward him, Tenya jumps in the air, towards Shoto. "RECIPRO BURST!!!!!!" Tenya screams as an his engines go into overdrive. He quickly starts flying down towards Shoto, sending a kick towards him, but Shoto narrowly dodges at the last second. 

I look at Tenya's movements, slightly nostalgic while remembering another person use that exact same more multiple times before. I've seen Tensei use this move before. He only has a limited amount of time, if I remember ten seconds, before his engines stall. Tenya lands on the ground and again, tries to kick him. His powerful kick makes contact with Shoto's back, sending him down. "LOOK AT THAT SPEED!!!!!!!!!!" Present Mic loudly comments. 

I look at Tenya, slightly shocked that he actually was able to get in close and actually land a hit on him. Wow. He actually landed a hit, but it will take more than that to knock Shoto down and with Tenya having mere seconds till his engines stall, he is in bad shape. Shoto quickly gets up and puts his hand on the ground, making a layer of ice. Before Tenya can make contact with the thin layer of ice, he quickly jumps up, as a way to avoid it, and grabs the back of Shoto's shirt in the process. He then starts running towards the line as a last attempt to get Shoto out of bounds. All of the sudden, he stops. I look at his engines, thinking they had already stalled. My eyes widen as I find medium sized pieces of ice in them. I put a hand over my mouth in thought. Shoto must have done that when he wasn't looking. Shoto then grabs his arm and begins to activate his ice quirk on him, trapping Tenya arm in ice. I watch as the ice continues to increase until it is covering him from the neck down. I watch as Tenya frustratingly struggles, trying to escape from the large block of ice before bowing his head in defeat, realizing that he would be unable to escape.