Chapter 20

(Above is what she is wearing.)

Lily POV

Last night's party was really fun. Before it ended, I also got to have a dance with dad. The whole time we were dancing it looked like he was about to burst into tears. I lightly chuckle at the memory. Peole were give us glances, but I did not care and Dad did not really notice. Endeavor and Dad also did not get into any fights which was good also. When we finally got back home via teleportation, Dad embraced me in his arms and started screaming and crying (again) about how proud he was and how the award was going in the living room with all of my other awards and trophies that dad made me display out there. I flip the pancake I am currently cooking. Right now, I'm cooking breakfast for me and dad. I'm suppose to meet Shoto today so I took the day off from hero work and patrolling. I look down at the pancakes and bacon. "They should be done now." I mutter to myself. I take the bacon out of the oven and put them on a plate then add the pancake that was cooking in the pan to one of the two stacks of pancakes. I take the two plates of pancakes and the one plate of bacon to the already set up table where a pitcher of orange juice is. I set the plates down and fill the drink glasses with orange juice for me and dad. Finished. All that's left is to wake up dad.

"*Yawn* Morning Sweetie" I look over and see Dad in his pajamas. He looks at me then straight towards the freshly set breakfast I made. I hear stomach start to grumble. He looks at me, embarrassed.

I lightly chuckle. "Good morning dad! I made breakfast." I say.

Dad looks at me and smiles. "Thanks Lily, but I should be the one making you breakfast. You were the one who won last night and I am your father." Dad says as he walks toward the table and sits in his chair.

I walk over to my seat too. I raise my eyebrow at him. He is not going into that kitchen without supervision. I do not want to clean pancake batter off of the ceiling again. Also, me cooking breakfast for the two of us has practically become part of my daily routine now. "Dad, remember the last time you tried to make me breakfast." I say. He looks away embarrassed. "We do not want a repeat. Plus, I do not mind making breakfast. I love cooking." 

He looks at me and nods. We both start to dig in to the breakfast I made. "Delicious as always sweetie!" Dad say, taking another bite out of his pancakes. I look over to him and nod. 

"Thanks Dad." I say, taking a bite out of a piece of bacon. 

He looks at me and nods. "Also, I noticed your not wearing your hero costume." Dad says, looking at my current attire. "Are you going somewhere?" He asks me.

I nod my head. I must have forgot to tell him I took the day off to spend time with Shoto. I can see why he is asking though and how he noticed. I'm usually in my costume during breakfast. "Yeah. I took the day off." I say. 

He nods then shoves more pancake into his mouth. "Why?" He asks with a mouthful of pancake.

I look at him and give him a pointed look. "Dad if I say this. Promise me you will not over react. I've already had Hawks over react when I told him." I tell him, pausing from my eating. Hawks tried to invite himself and I shut that down real quick. Dad is just as protective and maybe even more so than Hawks. I know it is probably pointless to ask that since he will overeact either way though.

He gives me a small smile. "Lily, I would never overreact. You can tell me." Dad says, trying to reassure me. 

I look at him and sigh. He overreacted before with Endeavor at the Sports Festival so of course I am going to have my reservation about telling him this. I guess I should tell him. He is my dad after all. "Okay. Shoto asked to go out with me today. We are going to spend the day together." I tell him.