Chapter 32

I quickly fly towards the villain with my teeth gritted into a smile and my fist surrounded by a flurry of elements. "Elemental.....SMASH!!!!!!" I scream as my fist makes contact with his back.

Withing seconds, the villain falls to the ground with his eyes ghostly white, unconscious. Once I am certain he is out cold, I quickly send a victorious smile to the crowd as I raise my right fist high into the air to symbolize my victory, relishing in their screams of joy and comments on the fight. "OMG!!!! She took that villain out in seconds!!! So cool!!!" I hear someone in the crowd, which had quickly formed and surrounded me and the villain while we were fighting.

"Ugh!! I missed her ultimate move!!!!! Which one did she do?!?!?!?" Another person asks.

"Her signature Elemental Smash and don't worry I got a video of it!!!!!" Someone else answers.

I look toward the large crowd of adoring civilians and happily wave as they continue to give comments and rave about the fight. After a couple more minutes of waving, I look down for a second and lightly chuckle at their enthusiasm to hide my true, internal thoughts. UGH!!!!!! Today's been so tiring. This is my twentieth fight with a villain today. Just ten more minutes until patrol is over and then, I can do whatever I want. I quickly put a hand on my stomach as it makes a small grumbling sound, reminding me once again of the hunger I feel also. Ugh. I'm so hungry. It feels like this patrol has just been back-to-back fighting. Hopefully, I can get out of here quickly and get some food. Because of the upcoming summer camp, I have been increasing my patrols to make up for the patrols that I will be missing while at the summer camp, meaning I'm burning more energy than usual. Today's patrol started off fast-paced and has not stopped or slowed down at all. Back to back, I have faced multiple villains. Not the low-level purse snatchers or thugs though. Real villains with fighting experience. To say the least, I'm starving and could easily go for a huge bowl or three of katsudon right now. Of course, when are things ever easy for me? Before I could even take a step forward, a large mob of reporter began to rush towards me, obvious wanting to get a good scoop on the fight from the very hero that fought aka me. "Ah!!!! Elementa!!!! This is the perfect time to get an interview!!!" I hear a reporter scream as she runs toward me.

I silently clench my fists at hearing the reporter's shouting. Fuck, it's the press. In a matter of seconds, I was immediately surrounded by reporters shoving their microphones into my face, each one questioning me on the just-finished fight and certain other topics. I feel the ends of my mouth tighten as I continue to keep a smile on my face as they continue to suffocate me. I should have teleported away the second I cuffed the villain. Now, I have to deal with all these reporters. "Elementa! This is your twelfth consecutive fight today. What are your comments? Was this last villain any trouble for you?" One of the reporters asks.

"Your approval rating is at an all-time high. How do you feel about that?" Another asks.

"It was noted that you and All Might, the Symbol of Peace and number one hero, have become closer as of late. Is this true?" Someone else asks.

"What is your reaction to Endeavor's also increased patrolling schedule and unofficial declaration of war against you after surpassing him in the rankings?" Another reporter asks.

I look towards them and internally sigh at their constant questioning, which I have heard one too many times. I look towards the cameramen and reporters and quietly sigh. Ugh. Most of these questions aren't even on the fight. Their questions sound like they are asking me more about gossip than news scoops. "It does not matter how many fights I do in a day. As a pro hero, it is my duty to protect the citizens. As for whether it was easy or not, the villain seemed to be a level or two above the average thug, but that was no problem for me. Still, heroes must always stay vigilant, no matter who the opponent is." I say, answering the first question I heard. "Also, approval ratings and any other forms of statistics are unimportant to me. All that matters is that I can do my job and make others feel safe. As for All Might and I, what you are saying is true. We have decided to strengthen our ties and friendship. As the Symbol of Hope and Justice and the Symbol of Peace, both of us believe that it will help cause crime to decrease even more if Japan's two symbols are seen working hand in hand." I explain. At the last question, an irked expression comes onto my face. I look down and quietly sigh. An unofficial declaration of war? That sounds just like something the flaming bastard would do and all for a stupid ranking. However, that can be his problem, not mine. "As for your comments on Endeavor, I have no comment. If what you are saying is true, then this declaration of war is one sided as I have no interest in it." I finish, knowing full well that anything I say could set the walking fire hazard off, which I had no interest in doing.