Chapter 27

Lily POV

I gently fidget with the sleeves of my hero costume, which I am currently wearing, and sigh. I can't believe I have to do this interview and with Midnight and Mt. Lady. I barely had enough time to eat and make dinner. I still have homework to do and I have to practice for exams also. Who knows what they could put on the exams? Why did I even agree to do this anyway? "Hey Elementa!!! Long time no see!!!!" I hear a shrill voice say.

I lightly wince, already knowing the owner of that voice. I turn my head over to where the sound of the voice came from and see Mt. Lady running towards me. I look over to her and politely wave. She stops in front of me and smiles. "You ready for this interview?" She asks me. 

No. I don't even want to be here. I look at her and nod. "Yes." I simply say. 

She looks at me and excitedly nods. "Same!!!! Hey, how about after this weekend we go clubbing and have some fun." She says. "Maybe we could even find you a boyfriend." She adds while elbowing my side with a slightly suggestive expression.

I look at her and chuckle. Before I can politely reject her offer, the sudden sound of clicking heels coming towards us interrupts me. "That sounds like a good idea. Mind if I join too?" I hear the person say. 

I look over and see Midnight, clad in her costume. now walking towards the two of us. I look towards her and send her a nod of acknowledgement. I look over to Mt. Lady and see her smirking, a devious look now on her face. I nervously bite my bottom lip. Something tells me this conversation is not going to end well. "Aren't you a little old to be going out clubbing? It's more of a young and beautiful girl's thing if you catch my drift." Mt. Lady snarkily says to her.

I watch as a small challenging smirk comes onto Midnight's face. "So what does that make you then?" She counters, arching her eye brow as if to challenge her. 

I watch as a look of anger comes on to Mt. Lady's face. I quietly sigh. They better not act like this when we are live. "What did you say!?!?!?" She screeches at the R-rated hero while taking a step closer towards her.

I watch as the two glare at each other. "You heard me! Or did all of that popularity go to your head and make you deaf?" Midnight says back to her and takes another step towards her. 

I watch as the start to take steps toward each other while continuously trading insults with the other. I sigh. This is Dad and Endeavor all over again. Why do I always have to be the peacemaker? Before they can get to close to each other, I quickly put my hands between the both of them, making sure that there is at least a three feet distance between them. I send warning glances at the both of them, warning them that if they make one wrong move I'll take action. "Ladies! That is enough. We are all civilized pro heroes. Let's all talk without getting into someone's face." I chastise, trying to diffuse the situation. 

I watch as the two women turn to make eyes contact with the other before turning their heads away from each other in disagreement. I look at them and sigh. Ridiculous. I look over and see one of the producers come towards us. "Mt. Lady, Midnight, Elementa. Get into your designated positions. We'll be going live in a few seconds." He says before walking off to another area of the studio.

I walk over to the middle of the set where my designated is while Mt. Lady walks to the left and Midnight to her right to where their designated spots are. I watch as the host quickly come up to podium, readying himself to start the show.

The camera people quickly turn the camera towards him, signifying that we are now live. "Welcome back to our live show!!!! For our next topic, is it really for heroes to dress sexily!?!? Let's ask our very own special studio guests what they think!!!!" He say before motioning his hand towards Mt. Lady. "She's the rookie hero who debuted just this year!!! It's Mt. Lady!!!!" He says as the spotlight moves on to her. Mt. Lady looks towards toward the camera and smiles as she waves toward it. "Next, we have a pro who is currently teaching at UA High School!!!! The incomparable Midnight!!!" He say as the spotlight moves on to Midnight, who is posing with a hand on her hip. "And lastly, we have our new number two hero and Symbol of Hope and Justice herself!!!! Say hello to ELEMENTA!!!!!!" He screams as the spotlight then turns to me. I look over at the camera and send a wink and a peace sign at all of the people watching. "Thank you so much for joining us! Please have a seat!" He says. I walk over to my seat, which is positioned between Midnight and Mt. Lady's.