Chapter 25

Lily POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I move my arm around, groggily trying to find my phone so I can turn off my alarm. After a couple more seconds, I finally find my phone and shutting the annoying alarm off. "Ugh." I groan out. I slowly sit up from my spot on the bed. I quickly look at the time on my phone while rubbing my eyes. 

7:04 AM

I quietly sigh. I guess it's time to get up. I lazily get out of bed and teleport my hero costume on. Yesterday, I was discharged from the hospital. Izuku, Tenya, and Shoto are still in the hospital though since their injuries were a lot worse than mine. Tenya and Shoto are supposed to be discharged today though. I plan to visit them before they leave the hospital. 

I quickly braid my hair, making sure that none of it will get in my face if I have to fight a villain during patrol. Since I was in the hospital, the Hero Commission contacted me yesterday and told me that I could a couple days off of patrolling. I ended up cancelling my night patrol last night so I could have one more night to heal. Truthfully, my shoulder feels fine, just a little sore. I quickly walk out of the bedroom and down to the kitchen, making extra sure to not wake up Gran Torino. Since internships are technically not over yet, I decided to stay with Gran Torino till they are. I know Dad really wanted me to come back home to him once I was discharge, but I just felt it was right to stay with Gran Torino since technically, my internship is not over yet.

I wonder what I should make for breakfast? Hmmmm. I could make pancakes. Nah. I don't really want to do all of that work for myself or mess up Grandpa's kitchen. I quietly sigh. I guess it will just be a quick piece of toast. As I walk into the kitchen, the aroma of eggs and bacon fills the air. I look over in surprise to see Gran Torino by the stove on a stool, cooking. "Hey, kid. Can you pass me that plate?" He asks, keeping his focus on the pan.

I look over and see a large plate. "Sure." I say. I quickly grab the plate and it over to him. He quickly takes the plate and starts putting the bacon in the pan onto the stove. 

I follow behind him as he walks toward the dining room table. I look over and immediately notice it already set. I look at him confused as he sets the plate down and sits in his seat. What is he doing up at this time? I thought he would still be asleep still. "Are you just going to stand there? Come over and sit down." Grandpa says, motioning to the seat across from him.

I look at him for a second and nod, walking over to the chair and sitting down. I look over and see Grandpa already digging into the food he made. I quickly start to scoop a helping of eggs and a couple pieces of bacon on my plate. "What's the occasion? I was sure that you would be still asleep in bed." I say as I take a forkful of some of my eggs.

Gran Torino stops eating and looks at me. "No occasion really. I guess, if you want, it could be a way of celebrating your victory against the Hero Killer. I just wanted to do something for you before this internship is over. Plus, it's been a while since I've had company. Your father does visit as much as he should." He say, grabbing another piece of bacon.

I lightly chuckle. "I also thought you may appreciate it. Something tells me you are the one cooks the meals based on what you told me about Toshinori in the kitchen." Gran Torino sighs as he looks over to me. "That man may be the Symbol of Peace, but he is capable of burning water." Gran Torino adds. I chuckle at his comment. "Also, why are you in your costume? I thought I over heard you on the phone with the Hero Commission telling you to take a couple of days off." He asks me.

I feel a tick mark appear on my forehead. I can't believe he was eavesdropping on my calls. I look at him and sigh. "First off, yes, they did tell me to take a couple of days off and I did. Yesterday, I was supposed to patrol the whole day and last night. As you can see, I did not. I'm feeling a lot better today so I going back to patrolling again. Secondly, I don't know if you remember me telling you this, but I told you, on the first day of my internship, how I would be having a day patrol today. One of my colleagues asked to do a joint patrol with him and his intern a while ago. Usually, I would decline such an offer, but I decided to agree and bring an intern of my own to the joint patrol. Well, I wouldn't call him an intern exactly, more like someone who I am offering a stop as my sidekick once he graduates." I say.