Chapter 19

(Up Above is what Lily is wearing.)

Elementa POV

Today is the Pro Hero Ball. Dad and I decided that we would show up to the party together. I quickly finish styling my hair. I found a tutorial on how to do a crown braid on Youtube and I think it turned out very well. I decided to also put on some make up, but it was just the bare minimal. Lip gloss, some blush, eyeliner, and a little mascara. I don't really like to wear a lot of make up. Lastly, I put on my hero mask from my costume. I walk out of my room and wait for dad in our living room. After a few minutes, I hear dad's door open. 

I look over and see Dad in his buff form walk out of his room and stand in the door way

I look over and see Dad in his buff form walk out of his room and stand in the door way. I look up at him and give him a thumbs up. He chose to wear a black tuxedo with a white dress shirt underneath and a plain red tie. It seems he kept his hair the same way, but he also chose to wear some black dress shoes. I look at him surprised. The only time I have seen him in a suit was when he wore that ugly yellow suit. He wore it to every hero gathering and he is still deciding to wear it at UA. "How do I look Lily?" I hear him ask. 

I give him a smile. "Good dad. Did you get a new suit?" I ask. 

He nods his head. "Yeah. My yellow suit is getting kind of old and I decided to just switch it up. You look nice. I did not know that you had that dress. Actually, I noticed you have a lot of dresses. Where'd you get them from?" Dad asks.

I lightly rub the back of my neck and chuckle. "Well, you may not know this, but I sometimes do a bit of modeling for Best Jeanist and other modeling companies. When I model the clothes, they usually let me keep the clothing." I say. The dress I'm wearing now I actually got from a modeling shoot I did about six months ago. 

Dad looks at me and nods. "That's cool, Sweetie. I actually remember seeing you on magazine covers modeling sometimes now that I think about it." Dad says.

I walk over to Dad and link my arm in his. He looks at me confused. I look up at him and smile. "So, Dad. How do you want to get to the party?" I ask. 

He looks at me confused. " What do you mean?" He asks. 

I lightly chuckle. "What I mean is I was thinking that I could teleport us there." I say. 

He looks at me unsure. "Are you sure? Is it even safe? Won't you get a headache from teleporting that far?" Dad asks me concerned. 

I shake my head. "Yeah, I'm sure. First off,  it is safe. I have a lot of experience teleporting with a another person. That is actually how I handle rescue missions when I get them. I usually teleport the person towards me or with me to safety. Secondly, no, I won't get any drawbacks. The distance I'm teleporting is actually a lot shorter than what I would usually use my teleportation quirk for." I say. He looks at me and nods. 

"Okay." Dad says. "Let's do it. I trust you." I nod my head. I close my eyes and activate my teleportation quirk. As I open my eyes up again, I look around at our surroundings. Flashing lights and reporters practically surround us. I teleported us to the front of the building where the event is being held. They rolled out a red carpet for the heroes that leads to the building. I look around at all of the heroes walking in. Most of them, I know of or have heard of. Some are answering questions  while others are just ignoring them and walking in. I watch as almost all of the reporters now focus their attention on me and Dad.