Chapter 31

Lily POV

I let out a quiet yawn as Ectoplasm continued to teach us about graphs and transformations. I tiredly continued to write what he was saying in my notebook, knowing very well that I would need it in the future for our upcoming test. "If you notice, placing the plus five shifts the graph five spaces to the right like so." Ectoplasm drones on.

I gently rub the sides of my temple, hoping to ease my fatigue from my last night's late-night patrol and concentrate on the lesson. Ugh. Why did that villain have to keep on running for so long? Couldn't he at least have shown up earlier in my patrol so I didn't have to chase him four an hour after when my patrol was supposed to be over? I got off patrol an hour late because of him. Since the finals have ended, I have taken to doubling up my patrols so I could go to the training camp. After school, every day, I have taken up afternoon patrols and night patrols, not to mention setting more time aside to train. While Best Jeanist and Hawks are going to cover some of the patrols I'll miss, most of it is up to me to make up. Unfortunately, since I can't do morning patrols because of school, that means I have to make them up with night patrols. I look down boredly at my notes and quietly yawned. Ugh. This must be how Mr. Aizawa feels every morning.

Just before I could go back to my notes, however, Mr. Aizawa suddenly rushed into the classroom, slightly out of breath with a dead serious look on his face directed at me. Immediately, Ectoplasm and the rest of my classmates turned toward him in surprise. Still, he kept his focus on me. "Lily." He starts in a dead serious tone. "You're needed." He vaguely tells me, though I needed no more to understand the meaning.

I quickly stood up, having already read the message shown in his body language. Not long after I told the faculty here about my identity, I also told them that because of the versatility of my quirk, I was usually one of the first heroes to be called for backup should an emergency or villain attack present itself anywhere in Japan. That meant that there was a chance that I could be called at any time to come to a hero's aid or help in a dangerous villain attack. Because of this, I gave Principle Nezu a beeper that would notify him of the alerts so he could inform me if I was needed while I was at school. I look toward Mr. Aizawa and nod as I grab my bag and rush toward him. "Right." I answer with a monotone expression before walking out of the classroom with him with twenty pairs of eyes burning into our backs as we walked out

As soon as I shut the door behind me, I look towards Mr. Aizawa with a serious expression, no longer needing to hide it from my classmates. "What's the situation?" I quietly ask.

I watched as my homeroom teacher glanced at me from behind his capture scarf, a look of seriousness displayed in his eyes. "There's a villain rampaging in Nagoya, close to Inuyama Castle. They said the villain has some sort of strengthening quirk. They've got four heroes on the scene, but none of them have the right quirks to stop him." Mr. Aizawa answers.

I look towards him and nod as I drop my bag onto the floor. "Right. Leave it to me." I answer before teleporting to Nagoya.

Even though Nagoya was two hundred miles away from UA, it only took me a second to arrive because of my teleportation quirk. This is the main reason I am always called in for backup. Due to my ability to teleport, no matter the destination, I arrive there within the blink of an eye. As I opened my eyes, I was met with the most horrid sight. Fire and smoke raged through the area all around me, tinting the sky a strange hue of orange and gray. I also noticed the Inuyama Castle, which I had teleported close to, burning also. I grit my teeth. Fuck. The situation is worse than I thought. I should have asked for more info before I came here. As I turn my head, I immediately notice three heroes on the sidelines. three of them were injured with two of them being out cold with splotches of blood soaking through their costumes and the last one barely standing, though with just as many injuries. Though I didn't know all of their names, I recognized them all to be rescue heroes. The only pro I recognized, who coincidentally was the one standing up, was Backdraft, another rescue hero who specialized in putting out fires, which was what he was trying to do currently though I could tell he was struggling. Knowing that I had no time to waste, I quickly ran toward the two beaten heroes and one standing hero Backdraft. "Are you all alright? What's the situation!?!?!?" I immediately ask.