Chapter 29

Lily POV

I look up at the screen as Mineta and Sero pass the finish line, the former dragging along the tape quirk user. The buzzer sounds, signifying the end of their exam. "Team Mineta and Sero have passed the exam!!!!!!" The robotic voice says.

Me and my classmates looks at each other and smile at the results of Mineta and Sero passing their exam. "Alright! They did it!" Tenya cheers.

Momo looks at him and nods. "Mineta actually had a solid plan!" She adds.

Shoto looks at her and nods in agreement. "Yeah." He mutters.

Ochaco nods and smiles in agreement before realizing whose exam is next. "Deku, your turn-" Before she can finish. she immediately stops, realizing that Izuku was no longer there and that he was most likely at his practical exam zone.

The screen changes once again to show us and image of Izuku and Bakugo in a city-like setting and standing in front of the entrance from where they entered from. I immediately notice Izuku's nervous expression and Bakugo's harsh glare directed at him. The buzzer rings again, signifying the beginning of their match. "Team Midoriya and Bakugo Practical Exam!!!!! Ready!!! Go!!!!!" I hear the robotic voice say.

I immediately grab Shoto's left hand in worry. I really worried about Izuku and Bakugo. They're going up against the number one hero himself. Shoto looks toward me in confusion before quickly melting his expression to that of a heartwarming and comforting smile. I feel him gently squeeze my hand as if to comfort me. I look at him and smile in thanks. He looks at me and nods before leaning in and placing a soft kiss on my head. "Don't worry. Midoriya will be fine." He whispers before placing another kiss on my head.

I look at him and nod. "You're right." I mutter back.

He looks at me and nods before we both look up at the screen, our hands still intertwined as we lean on each other for comfort. He's right. I have to have faith in the both of them. I do not know what Bakugo has done to train, but Izuku has trained with me. I have to believe in him and Bakugo. It's time to see what Izuku has learned from our sparring we did together. I can only hope it's enough. I quietly let out a shaky breath. Good luck, big brother. I hate to say it, but there is a chance you (definitely) might need it. I watch as Bakugo suddenly starts to walk into the city, ignoring Izuku who hastily follows behind him. I worriedly glance at the two, already feeling nervous about their terrible communication right off the bat. Come on Bakugo, talk to your partner. You guys are a team. You have to work together if you want to win. Communication is the key for you guys to win. Izuku quickly catches up to him. "Kacchan, listen. For this exam, the teacher is the villain and we are the heroes so we need a solid plan. Normally, I'd suggest that we analyze the villain's combat ability and choose to fight them or run away based on that, but in this case, the villain is All Might so we don't need to think about it because combat is out of the question. It'd be impossible to beat him in a fight." Izuku say, worriedly. Bakugo continue to keep his head down and ignore him as he quickens his pace. Izuku quickly increases his pace to match Bakugo's also as to not fall to behind him. "It's a really bad idea, Kacchan!" Izuku adds.

I watch as Bakugo continues to ignore the boys continuous attempts to communicate and work together as a team. "STOP FOLLOWING ME!!!!!!!!!" Bakugo screams at the boy, his eyes covered by a shadow created by his hair as he continues to walk deeper into the city.

Izuku looks at him and stops walking, shocked by the explosion quirk user's outburst. Izuku quickly comes out of his shocked trance and runs to Bakugo to catch up with his pace. "All Might is probably waiting for us on this main road. We should take another route!!!" Izuku reasons to his unresponsive partner.