Chapter 24

Elementa POV

I look up at the white walls of my hospital room as I lay on the hospital's bed. After the events of Stain's capture, me, Izuku, Tenya, and Shoto were all rushed to the hospital. Even though I did not want to, they still made me go because of my shoulder's injury. I quietly sigh. They told me that I had to stay in the hospital through the night and that I could be discharged the next day, which is today. Because of my high ranking hero status, I was able to get a room all to myself even though there were a lot of people sent here because of what happened last night. I slowly sit myself upright and stand up from my bed. I walk out of my hospital room and towards the room next to mine.

I stop in front of the door and just stare at it. The boys ended up getting a shared room next to mine. They ended up having to stay over night too though their injuries were way worse than mine so they will probably be staying longer than me. I gently place my knuckles against the door and sigh. I've been dreading this conversation, but has to happen. Ever since we got to the hospital, there has been no confrontation between me and them at all. After Stain was apprehended, I've been avoiding the three boys. I've especially been avoiding Shoto. All through the ambulance ride here, I felt him just staring at me with a pleading look. He never tried to talk to me at all, just stared. I guess he just does not know what to say to me anymore. I don't know what to say to him either. On top of our falling out, now, I even have to explain to him about my secret identity. I sigh. It's now or never. I've put this off for too long. I gently bang my knuckles against the door, knocking on it. As I wait a few seconds, I hear a faint 'come in' sound from inside the room.

I slowly open the door and walk inside. I close the door behind me and look at the bandaged up boys, each sitting on their own beds in hospital gowns, unlike me. I decided to keep my hero costume on as not to compromise my identity. It's bad enough three people found out. I don't need a random nurse or doctor finding out my identity. As for my injury, it turned out my knife wound was not as deep as I thought and I only had to get two stitches and light bandaging. The doctors also said I may be sore for a couple of days. Besides that and some minor cuts though, they said I was perfectly fine. I walk over to the unoccupied bed and sit down. I nervously look towards them. "Hey guys. I hope I didn't disturb you or anything." I say to them, trying to break the awkward tension between us.

Izuku looks toward me and shakes his head. "No, you weren't disturbing us." Izuku says."I'm guessing you want to talk to us about you know." He says, making a motion to signify me wanting to talking about what happened during my fight with Stain. 

I look at the three of them and sigh. "Yes." I say. I gently take off my mask and look towards them. "I know you have a lot of questions you want to ask me." I say, setting my mask down in my lap.

I watch as they all look at me with unease, with the exception of Shoto whose expression stays unmoving. "So, you really are Elementa." Izuku says in awkward tone.

I look up at him and nod. "Yeah, I am." I say. I feel my fists clench at the awkward atmosphere. I did not expect it to be this hard. Come on already. Just tell them. 

What happens if they don't want to be my friends any more? What if they hate me because I kept this from them? What if- "Why?" I hear Izuku mutter. I look at him confused, not understanding what exactly he is asking. He looks at me confused. "I can understand why you didn't tell us. That's not what I'm asking. Why did you come to UA? You're already a pro and you already have your license. Why?" He asks again. 

I look at him and sigh. "It's a long story. To sum it up, it was to tell my father the truth. Let me just start from the beginning though to help you understand more. A couple of month before the entrance exam, my mother died of cancer. As I was going through her stuff, I found a note addressed to me from her. In it was her explaining to me who my father was. That was how I found out All Might was my father and how she left him before he could notice she was pregnant. The same day, I saw on the new that All Might was going to be a teacher at UA. Right then and there, I came up with this plan to enroll in UA in the hero course as a regular student and when the time was right, I would tell him that he was my father. As you can see, I already told him. Besides wanting to tell my dad the truth, I also wanted to try going to school and be around kids my age. I promise though that I have been truthful about everything else I said. I am fourteen and I have never been to public school." I say. I look back down. The day that I also found out about my dad was the same day that I met Izuku.