Chapter 9

You try your best to stay in the car, but he pulled you out as if you weighed nothing. You're scared now when he picks you up with so much ease. You were nothing to him and that scared you even more.
He brings you into the building and you can't help but open your mouth in shock. This place looked amazing, it looked like a lobby. You were pulled out of shock when you feel his grip tighten but you don't look at him, if you do, you know that your cheeks will grow hot. He still keeps quiet.

'John, it's good to know that you've found her! I thought it would've been hard'.

You notice a man appear on the other side of the room, he was much older than the man who went by the name John
You feel John let you go and push you gently towards the other stranger. The man didn't seem to let off a ray of hostility, instead, he held out a hand for you to shake, a gentle smile appeared across his face.

'I am Winston Scott, owner of Hotel Continental'.

Not gonna lie, the hotel looked impressive, so you chose to show respect, 'this place looks amazing', you let out a chuckle, which you received back.

'Here, come follow-'.

'I'm really sorry to interupt'.

You weren't going to keep playing along with everything like nothing happened, 'I'd like to know where my friend is and also, what the heck is going on?' You refrained from swearing as well.
Mr. Scott nodded, 'sorry, I was hoping to explain after you're comfortable, as for your friend Sarah', she is up in your room as well'.

Most of the tension left your shoulders, but you flinched when you felt John's hand on you once again.
Mr. Scott was very polite, then again, he hadn't pointed a gun at you. You managed to have a quick look around and you saw that you weren't alone in the room. There were other people who held no interest in you.

Well, I'd rather not get embarrassed. 

You're led into an elevator and both you and John stand together in awkward silence.

'So... You've been in this kind of job for a bit?'

Jesus, you sound like a fucking idiot, he's not gonna-.

'Quite some time yes'.

His voice is smooth, and it's music to your ears for some damn reason, 'oh, really? I've... Been working at this little cafe down the road from where I... Lived, a few years actually, that's where I met Sa-'.
A bell chimed and the doors opened which John them guided you out, leading your down a hallway and stopped at a nicely polished door, the room wasn't too far from the elevator. He hadn't moved at all and you realised the it was the cue for you to knock. When you did, you hear Sarah's timid voice in which you responded, and you flinch when the door swings open.

'Oh fu-'.

She almost freaks out when she realises that you're not alone, you quickly grabbed her, 'it's okay, it's okay Sa-, he's not going to hurt you'.

'Jesus!'

You turn to look over your shoulder, 'thank you', he nods before leaving the two of you to gather yourselves.

Jesus you were scared.