Chapter 33

You had been taken down to see Winston in regards to the incident, he hadn't spoken a word about it until you had recovered.

'So... Madame had decided to rip you open with a saw'.

'Are you going to do that to me?'

You feel John's hand grip your shoulder, and Winston chuckled and shook his head, 'no, we're using a scanner'.

The tension leaves your body now, but a linger question comes to mind.

'What happened to that lady?'

Winston smirked, 'we infultrated her home, and we have her locked away, she won't hurt you'.
You're not so sure about that, but you can't do anything but trust him, especially when John was with you.

'Alright... So what're the steps for this scanning thing'.

Winston had got up from his chair and motioned for you to follow in which you did, making sure that you were close to John as possible.

You try to stop shaking when you sit in the chair, at least you're not strapped to a fucking table.

You watch as Winston boots up a computer, a woman places a head piece on your, and you hear the noise of a lock.

'Is it going to hurt?'

You ask and Winston shook his head, he seemed confident enough, 'take a deep breath and close your eyes, as if you're going to sleep'.
You do as you're told.

=

When you open your eyes you find that you're no longer in the room anymore. You couldn't see John or Winston, not even the other people as well. This place a was another dimension.

'Hello?'

Your voice echoed, god is that what I sound like? You started to move around, trying to get your bearings. You moved around as much as you could but a searing pain pierced through you head.
You press your palms against your temples and you scream out.
You suddenly fall onto your knees when the ground began shake, what's going on!? You managed to look up just in time to see someting... You couldn't figure out what it was, you'd only find out by walking towards it.

When you grew closer you notice that it's a ball of light, and when you grew closer the light wasn't as blinding. 
You could see something small, and you find that you're reaching out to it until your fingers curl around the object. Pulling it away...

A chip?

Is this what they're after?

You examined the little chip as it glowed, the light seemed to throb from the object.

This is what all the Guilds were after. You held onto it tightly and closed your eyes.

=

When you came to you were still sitting in the chair, the wire and headset was still attached to you. 
John knelt beside you, his hand gripping your arm, 'are you okay?' 
You nodded but stilled for a few moments, something was in your right hand. You opened it to reveal the chip that you had pulled from the chip.

'I got it'.

You can't help but smile, the one chip that they were all after. Winston slowly took the chip from you and examined the chip.

'Perfect'.

He looked at you, 'how're you feeling?' You shrugged, 'I don't feel any different than before'.
Winston placed the chip into a clear bag, 'oh, we also have a surprise for you', he motioned for one of woman to open one of the many doors futher across the room.

'Holy shit!'

You managed to take the headset off and rush over to give Sarah a hug, 'what the hell?! I thought you were dead!' 

Sarah held onto you tightly, 'they kept me save, I was frightned before, but I know that they won't hurt me'.

'I'm glad that they kept you safe, the shit I went through was-'.

You looked back at John, who was eyeing you carefully, a look of amusement was clear on his face.

'Some of the stuff I went through was hectic'.

Sarah chuckled, 'I heard that you had something inside you, what was it exactly?'

'It's a chip... My parents must have put it inside me somehow... The group that was after me had kidnapped... They didn't know where it was planted so...'.

Sarah cringed, 'oh damn, I'm glad that they didn't know where it was though'.

You turned back to Winston, 'so... Does this mean I'll have to leave... That I have to forget about you?'
Those words really hurt, because you didn't want to leave, but this was a dangerous life.
Winston placed the chip away and and shifted his attention on you once again.

'You can choose to stay or leave, it is up to you'.

You look over to John and Sarah, but Sarah chuckled, 'go (Y/N), you should stay, I'll be fine', hearing her say that made you want to cry. You'd known Sarah for a while, and ever since you two had been seperated she had changed drastically. 
You couldn't help but wrap her in your arms straight away, 'I'm gonna miss you Sarah', you whisper into her ear.

John touched your shoulder and whispered in her ear, 'she won't be able to remember you... She can't remember all of this'.
You could hear how careful he was wording the sentence but you didn't care. You would rather that your memory would be wiped than to lose a friend and remember... Aso for secracy as well.
You hold John's hand as the both of you are escorted out of the room, leaving Sarah behind.