Chapter 14

You wake up instantly when you heard the noise. Down stairs, creaking sounds, footsteps. You know that you'd been sleeping for quite some time because you were in pain a little.

'Sarah!'

You whisper sharply and she wakes up immediatly, 'there's someone down stairs, we gotta move!'
She's already moving, but also making sure that she's not making too much noise.
She'd been watching way too many horror movies, and you're glad she's got some common sense.
You follow her, but you also guide her, the both of you have to stay away from the stairs, which was obvious. You notice an open window, and nudge Sarah towards it. She makes her way across, and you watch your footing, making sure you don't stand on the rotting wood, it would either break or create a lot of noise and you'd rather avoid both of them.
This time, you might be a bit selfish, you go first and you try to go through but hiss in pain when you catch your hand on some broken glass, 'shit', you pass through and then turn to grab Sarah.
Everything was fine until she tripped halfway, the both of you landed on the roof of the house, and of course that made a tremendous sound.
You don't hesitate to get up and run, you can hear the person heading up the stairs, good, they won't catch when you're on the ground!

You and Sarah jump down and start running once again. You only get halfway when you a hear a gunshot, and Sarah falls down, almost bring you with her.

'Sarah!'

You scream and you look back to see him, John Wick, he's striding towards you. You hear Sarah, whimper, 'go! Get away from him, it's clear that he wants you!'
You hesitate before running, another gunshot and you hiss in pain, he hadn't really shot you, it was a flesh wound, you've never had one bu tyou'd promise yourself that you would ignore it and keep running.

You keep running, and you hear another gunshot, your heart is pounding when you realise what he's done. He killed her, he killed Sarah. Anger boiled inside and you pushed yourself forward.

Another gun shot.

He's not trying to shot you directly, he's not trying to kill you, only slow you down, which makes you move faster. You look back and you see that he's running. He's much bigger than you, you know that, so his strides are much longer than you. You're slowing down as well, so you have to get out of the way. You turn towards a dip and you end up slipping down the slope.

'Fuck!'

You try to skid down properly but you're failing to repositioon yourself. You land on your back, the wind punches out of you lungs, you've also hit you head.
But you still have your vision, you're heart drops when you see him coming down, a lot gracefully than you, and then he's on you. Surprisingly he's gentle with you, in a way cradeling you, you could just hear him.

'You okay?'

You can see that you can wack heads again, so that's what you do.