3. Falling Fast, Breathing Slow

~Calum
August 2, 2015

"I will totally beat your ass at air hockey." Michael challenges Luke.

"Try me, mate." Luke fights back going around to the other side of the hockey table.

This was the first time any of us had been to Japan and it was quite exciting.

We were inside of this arcade with more games than you could ever imagine.

Ashton and Paige were racing each other in a game called Final Lap, but I was over here too intrigued to see who would win.

It's no secret to anyone that Michael is the 'gamer guy' of the band and gets incredibly competitive when he's up against someone.

The two begin hitting the hockey puck back in forth trying to make it into each others slots.

The determination in their face and body language was apparently not enough to keep my attention because I hear Paige squeal from behind me.

I turn around to go check in on how they're doing and find myself smiling at the girl.

She is so focused on beating Ashton that her eyes are practically glued to the screen and she doesn't even notice me standing beside her.

Ever since the two of us broke up 2 years ago, things have been okay. Except for the fact that I'm still not over her.

When the two of us became a couple, it was like a match made in heaven.

It was the type of thing that was expected and just made sense.

"Ashton!" Paige yells keeping her eyes on the screen and her hands on the steering wheel, "You just drove straight into me!"

"That's the point of the game!" Ashton yells back giggling at her frustration.

Their game only has one lap left until it's finished so I decide to lean up against the machine and wait.

Tour has been going amazing so far. I was honestly more nervous for this one than when we opened for One Direction. Reason being, that this time was the real deal.

Being the main artist that the fans come to see is a big deal and it still hasn't made sense in my mind that all of these people come out to see us.

We've sold out arenas and met more fans than I could count. It's just all very insane.

"Yes!" I hear Ashton shout. "I win, Paige lost!" He celebrates standing up from his seat.

"No fair!" Paige whines looking at Ashton in envy that he just beat her. "You have more muscle power than me, meaning that I had a disadvantage."

"Someone's a sore loser." He says rubbing it in her face even more.

"I am not a sore loser!" She fights back.

Paige is tough. She's always been able to match our humor and level of conversation. The four of us are brothers, so when we insult each other or say something that you normally wouldn't say to someone who's just a friend, it's considered normal to us.