9. 'Til The Day I Die

~Calum

Paige wasn't next to me when I woke up. When I rolled over and found dead space in the spot on the bed next to me, my heart sunk. Until I remembered that she had left earlier this morning to get breakfast with Michael.

It was 10 am now and she was not back in the hotel room. Where could they be?

As I stood up from the bed and reluctantly walked over to the sink to wash my face, I remembered what had happened last night and did my best to push the guilt away.

Of course I feel bad for the addiction I have, and the fact that she had to see me smoking in person. I wish I could say I can't imagine how badly that would make her feel, but I can.

My smoking triggered a terrible memory inside of her and I made her relive that trauma last night. I feel like such a shitty person, but she also has to realize that addiction is not an easy thing to go through.

Once you're in you're in.

I turn the sink on and drench my face with the cold water hoping it'll rejuvenate me from last nights events, but it doesn't. It was then that I realized I'm still in my concert attire and I smell like sweat.

Last night I was supposed to share a room with Ashton and Michael so all of my stuff was left in there.

I exit the bathroom and am about to leave the room when I realize Paige never left me a key. I search the room for a spare and find one laying on the nightstand.

The hotel was eerily quiet for being 10 in the morning, but I think nothing of it and grab the key from the nightstand, leaving Paige's hotel room, and pressing the key against the sensor ensuring that her stuff is safely secured inside.

Luckily, the 3 rooms that we booked for the group were right next door to each other. Meaning the walk wasn't too lonely or long before I got back to mine.

I knock on the door instead of using a key, remembering that I never asked Ashton or Michael for a spare one when I left after the concert last night.

Ashton is usually the first one awake so I wasn't surprised to see him wide awake when he opened the door, "Morning Cal. Sleep okay?" He asks as I walk past him, entering the messy room.

How are two men able to make this room such a mess in one night?

"Sort of," I yawn. "I need to take a shower though."

"Showers all yours." He says gesturing to the bathroom and returning to whatever he was doing before I got here.

"No Michael?" I laugh, noticing the quiet atmosphere without our energetic friend.

"Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's strange that he isn't still sleeping." Ashton shrugs, combing his fingers through his light brown hair.

It normally takes all three of us to drag Michael out of bed. It's not common for him to be up and ready for the day before any of us.

I leave Ashton and head into the bathroom, closing the door behind myself.

I turn on the shower to the perfect temperature and rid myself of my clothes that have become too uncomfortable in the span of time they've been on my body.

Once I'm inside, I close my eyes and try to relax my mind. These next few minutes that I'm in this shower are crucial, because I know it's the last time in a while that I'll get to have some sort of tranquility.

Tour life is completely different from studio life.

When we're writing and recording songs at the studio it's more laid back and peaceful. It's just the guys and our producers.