27. Better Man

~Calum

"Michael, I will so kick your ass if you don't jump into this pool right now!" Ashton yells, sunglasses rested on his face as he mindlessly swims around in the water.

The band had a day off between shows and we decided to utilize that time by enjoying the pool atop the hotel balcony.

It was a beautiful day out, and we couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity to enjoy the sun and each other without the stress of what our jobs may bring us being in the back of our minds.

Michael hides under an umbrella beside tables that we used to place our belongings on. His shirt is already off, revealing how pale he is from the lack of sun he receives. "I don't wanna burn!" He whines.

"Michael don't be a pussy!" Vanessa cups her hands over her mouth to shout at my best friend, in return causing Luke and I to burst out laughing from where we stand in the shallow end of the pool.

Paige lays relaxed besides Vanessa, both of the girls tan on the lounge chairs. She looks adorable with the way her ankles are crossed and heart shaped sunglasses rest on the bridge of her nose. I find it almost impossible to look away from her, especially with the way she absentmindedly sucks on a strawberry flavored lollipop, turning her tongue and lips red in the process.

"C'mere," Vanessa says, clearly done with all of our bullshit. Michael reluctantly leaves his safe place under the umbrella and steps into the sunlight, over to Vanessa. She picks up the bottle of spray on sunscreen before spraying it all over the front side of him. "Turn—" She continues on his other side, patting him on the back to tell him she's done. "Better now?"

"I guess—" Michael shrugs, cutting himself off as he earns a look of warning from Vanessa. "Yeah, thanks Nessa!" He says, cannon balling into the pool, not giving it another thought.

I hear Luke say something to me about Vanessa and I try my hardest at making it appear as if I am listening, but like I said, I find it impossible right now.

My eyes are practically glued onto Paige, wishing that I could feel her skin against mine. She feels so far away when really she's in walking distance from where I stand.

Her long blonde hair has been pulled back into a bun that sits on the top of her head, two strands have been pulled out in order to frame her face. You can tell she put a lot of thought into every detail of her appearance, as if she feels the need to always impress someone, when in reality she's perfect without even trying.

Ashton calls Luke over, giving me the chance to place my entire attention on my girl. "Paige, baby."

She pulls the heart shaped sunglasses away from her eyes and places them on top of her head. a pretty smirk sits on her red lips, the lollipop held in her hands as she looks at me. "Yes Cal?"

"Get in the water with me." I wave her over. It doesn't take much convincing, for she stands up showing off her entire bathing suit, practically making me dizzy from how stunning she is. A white two piece with pink flowers makes her fair skin appear much tanner. She takes slow, careful steps down the pool stairs, finally making her way to me.

I place my arms around her waist, feeling how hot her skin had gotten while she laid in the sun. She instinctively wraps her legs around my torso, bringing the two of our bodies closer together than we already were.

"Hi pretty girl." I smile at her, appreciating the way the sun shines directly into her eyes making them appear exceptionally vibrant.

"Hi handsome." She smiles back at me. The hand not holding her lollipop reaches up to move the damp hair sticking to my forehead, giving her a full view of my face that no doubt looks love struck.