8. Youngblood

~Paige

Somewhere in the midst of crying, talking, and even more apologies, Calum and I fell asleep.

His arms are wrapped around my stomach from behind, and my back is pressed firmly into his chest. I can feel Calum's soft breaths on my neck making a small smile stretch on my lips.

This isn't the first time Calum and I have fallen asleep next to each other. We both deal with more issues that a person should have to go through, and have always had trouble sleeping. We always sleep better in each other's arms anyways. It's just always been that way.

We've never found it weird or uncomfortable to cuddle or sleep in the same bed because of the foundation we've built our relationship upon together.

I know for sure that it is morning because the curtains are open, making the hotel room bright by the sun. I just need to figure out what time it is.

Without leaving Calum's grasp around me, I carefully reach over and grab my phone from the nightstand.

The time reads; 6:30 am. I'm about to turn off my phone and snuggle back into Calum, but see that I have new text messages.

I unlock my phone and see that Michael had texted me a few minutes ago,

Mikey: Good morning. I'm up early for once which is super weird and was wondering if you are too?

Michael awake before everyone else? That's unheard of.

Paige: Hey Mikey. What's up?

Mikey: I'm hungry and can't fall back asleep. Will you get breakfast with me?

Paige: Give me 10 minutes! I'll see you in the lobby.

I turn off my phone and resist the urge to fall back asleep in Calum's warm and comforting arms.

The thoughts of what happened last night come flooding back into my memory as I remember how I practically told him everything about my traumatic childhood.

I hate talking about it, let alone talking about myself but this conversation was going to happen eventually. He had a right to know, and the timing was just right.

I'm not sure if it'll get Calum to stop smoking completely, but I know that it triggered something in him to try harder at getting over this addiction.

Carefully, I try to get myself out of his grasp without waking him up. As I try to do so, he inhales a deep breath and his arms tighten around my body even more.

"Where are you going?" He asks with his eyes still closed and voice groggy as ever.

"Breakfast with Michael." I whisper not wanting to fully wake him up.

"No, stay here. You're warm and I'm tired." He says snuggling his head into the crook of my neck.

I giggle at his action, "Can't, he's already waiting for me." I don't give Calum the opportunity to protest any longer, and slip out his arms and off the bed quickly so that he has no time to stop me.

"You're mean." He groans and stuffs his face closer into the pillows.

"I'm sorry." I respond walking over to my suitcase. I grab my outfit for the day and head inside of the bathroom to change out of the clothes I was still wearing from last night. On a regular night, sleeping in jeans would have been the most uncomfortable thing ever, but last night was not a regular night.

I can feel the sweat from being pressed up to Calum all night, stick to my body and I immediately cringe at the feeling. Michael can wait a few minutes longer for me, I make my choice and strip from last nights concert attire. I place my clothes on the counter next to the sink, turn on the water, and step into the shower.