16. We're Missing Out

~Paige

"Do you remember the day we went to this frat party and stayed completely sober the whole time." Vanessa laughs. Nessa and I have been hanging out in our hotel room for the majority of the morning.

We have no plans until the show tonight and don't have to get ready for a couple more hours. We're exhausted from last night events and decided to take it easy for the beginning of the day.

"Correction, I stayed sober while you were utterly hammered, love." There are no hard feelings towards her in what I'm saying. Throughout our college days this became a pretty frequent situation.

We'd go to a party and I'd vow to take care of her if she was uncontrollably drunk. Besides, I've never been drunk in my life, and I don't intend on ever getting drunk. Having no control over my body freaks me out, and this was proven correct when I was high yesterday.

Although I enjoyed being taken out of my mind for a few hours, I will admit that there were moments that had me feeling uneasy and wishing that I would be sober again. That's not to say I'll never be high again because in all honesty, I did appreciate the feeling for the most part.

"Well yes, but for half of the party we were both sober and surrounded by drunk, wild, college students." The two of us lay facing each other on our separate beds. It's been so long since we've had quality girl time together and its been so fun reminiscing our college years.

"Do you remember how many people wanted to be our friend because we were touring with 5SOS." I remember the absurdity of it all. At the end of the day, it makes me beyond appreciative of my best friend, because despite the people that were only using us, I knew that I would always have her.

"I do," She scoffs. "I can't believe how naive I was to actually think they wanted to be my friend." It makes me sad hearing her speak like this. Vanessa is one of the coolest, friendliest, talented people I know. Without her friendship I'd be so lost.

"They are missing out big time." I state. "Besides, we've got each other and the boys. That's all we need."

Vanessa's pout is replaced with a smile, "Yeah your right. College is far behind us now. We've moved onto better things." She sighs.

"Much better things." I agree. A knock on the door signals that our conversation is over for now. "I'll get it." I remove myself from the comfortable position I was in on the bed and unlock the door, opening it to reveal none other than the youngest band member.

"Lucas." I greet him.

"Paper." He responds back.

"What?" I ask looking up at the tall blonde.

"You called me Lucas so I called you paper because pages and paper are basically the same thing." He says only confusing me further. I look back at Vanessa who sits at the bed with her head in her hand, shaking her head in disappointment of her boyfriend.

Not knowing what else to say, I pat him on the shoulder and allow him entry inside our hotel room. "Okay Luke." He walks past me and I shut the door.

"Whats up baby?" Vanessa asks him as he goes to stand in front of her.

"I was wondering if you could paint my nails?" He asks shyly, showing her his chipped black nail polish that needs touching up.

"Sure," She smiles with pure adoration at him. "What color?"

He contemplates for a moment, pouting his lip in thought. Luke just might be the most adorable boy I've ever met. "Red?"

Vanessa nods at him and signals for him to take a seat on the chair at the table. He does as he's told and she heads into the bathroom to fetch the red nail polish.