Chapter twelve - Convincing the good girl to skip a class

Lexi's POV:

I have seven hours and I have no idea how I'll make it even to the fifth. I have many things in my mind to do and the one for today is a challenge. I'll try to convince the good girl to skip a class. I know that it won't be easy, but it's worth a try. Probably Katy will be nervous since she has never done anything like that before. Well if I see that she doesn't like it, I'll never do it again. Now we have sport together, which is the perfect time to ask her.

- Katy, can I ask you something? But I need you to say yes.

- What is it? Did you do something?

- No, I was wondering, since I'll skip the last two classes, will you come with me?

- WHAT? Are you crazy? My parents will kill me. Why are you even asking me this? No, no, and no.

- Because it'll be fun. You need to stop being a puppet on a string that your parents control and live a little. I'm not saying that you're boring, but what's the point of living if you don't try new things. If you don't like it, we'll never do it again.

- I don't know. I don't want to get in trouble.

- You won't get it. We are just skipping class, not doing something illegal. I won't tell my uncle and aunt. Please, Katy. I need someone to hang out with me.

- And if I agree, what? Where we'll go? I don't want someone to see me and tell my parents.

- We'll go where nobody knows us or where there are fewer people at that time.

- I was supposed to be a good influencer on you, not the opposite. - she said sighing

- There is no one who can be a good influencer on me. It's too late for that. Most of the time I turn the good people bad in no time. So what are you saying? Will you come with me?

I am waiting for an answer. I know that it's hard for her, but I hope that she will agree. She has never done this and I think it's time. It'll be normal for her to be nervous.

- Fine, I will come with you. But this is the first and the last time. Understood?

- Yes, mam. Not let's get out of here.

- So where we are going? Any ideas?

- Since you agree to come, I'll let you choose what we'll do.

- I'm a little bit hungry, so we can go to eat. If that's not a problem.

- No, it's not. Food is it.

When the class finished we get our stuff and walk away. I don't know did someone see us, but I don't care. We are going for food, so I decide to go to my favorite diner. We arrive and walk in to take a seat near a window. You can see that she is a nervous wreck. I hate to watch her like that. It's making me feel guilty.

- Will you please stop being nervous? Everything is fine. No one knows us.

- It's my first time doing something like this.

- Nothing bad will happen. By the way, what is going on with you and Josh? Did you finally figure out what do you feel? - I said chuckling

- Not yet. I mean I like him, but I don't know do I like him that way. He is my friend for years, but I have never thought of him as something else than a friend.

- You have to be the one who will make a move because how I see the things he won't do it. If you need advice or have any questions you can ask me or Hunter. I don't know how we'll be able to help you, but it's worth a try.

- Thanks for that. He might be a bad boy, but around you is really cute. Like a completely different person.

- Well I have my ways to make the boys do what I want. Plus he has the benefits of being with me.

- I won't ask what they are. - Katy said laughing

- It's not what you think. Yes, we make out, but that's it. Nothing else has happened. We don't want to do it now. Maybe in the future, but not now.

- Why? You love each other a lot. I'm not saying that relationships are only for that, but one day it has to happen.

- Because... Hunter says that if we did it now, nothing will be left. And nothing else we'll have to do.

- I don't understand. Both of you are meant for each other. How nothing will be left?

- He means that this is the last thing that we haven't done yet. If we do it now, nothing else will be left for us. We basically will be at the end of it. After it, there will be nothing, which we'll do. Take it as an empty relationship. When both of you have done everything together, nothing new will be left. Hunter wants to say that if he did this with me, there won't be anything else and he has to leave. Something, which both of us don't want to happen.

- Oook. I still don't get it completely, but I understand what he means. Good thing is that you're not rushing. No pressure is needed. Moreover, both of you are young and have a lot of time to do it. Well if your parents don't find out, because then this will be a problem.

- To be honest, I have never imagined that I will talk about this especially with you. Basically, not many people want to listen to me.

- Well I do. You're not that bad at all. You still have... how to say it... what to fix, but you're not as terrible as your parents described you.

- I can imagine what they have told you. That I am a bada*s and my friends are guilty of that. Mom and dad hate them a lot. And they are doing it without even knowing them. This is the reason why they almost never come home.

- I understand. I wish I could help, but don't know how.

- It's ok. I'm used to it. It's not a big deal. I was angry at first, but then I gave up. I'm never going to change them.

- Can I ask you something about Hunter?

- Sure. You can ask whatever you want.

- You are hiding him, because you know your parents will be mad or because you're afraid not to lose him?

- Both. I am sure that if they find out they'll be mad and with the right. Hiding your boyfriend is not the best decision. But I also know that they won't like him because he is just like me. He'll be dead and I grounded for life. Well, the worst thing that can happen is they forbid me to see him. Something that I'll never do.

- Maybe if you point to the good sides of him, they won't be that mad?

- Yes, but I don't want to risk it.

We talked like that for a while. For the first time, I feel ok sharing these things with her. I never thought that she will listen to me and won't judge. Something that almost no one is doing. Maybe she is not that bad at all. Yes, Katy is still a good girl, which everybody likes, but she is also a good friend. I think that I can help her with Josh. If she really likes him, she better makes a move.

The next place where we went was one park. We are currently sitting and chatting. From time to time I am laughing at the kids who fall on the ground.

- You need to stop laughing at these kinds. They may have hurt themselves.

- It's not my fault that it's funny. - I said laughing

- Do you think that if I ask Josh out, he'll say no?

- Why he would say that? I think that he'll agree to go out with you. If not, it's his loss. You know each other for a long time, so you won't feel like strangers.

- I don't know what to do.

- If you want you can talk with Hunter about that. He better than me knows how boys think.

- Maybe one day. Now I don't want to think about it.

- It's up to you.

We stay at the park until it was time for the classes to end. Then we can go home. I don't want to risk with her. I get no problem with skipping classes, but Katy. I have to admit it was good to spend some time with her. I see that she has a lot to talk about, but don't have with who. Or basically doesn't have someone with who she feels safe to share. I never thought that I'll open that much for Hunter in front of anyone else than my friends, but I'm glad that I did. How it seems she is on my side now. Well not at all, but at least she doesn't think that I'm that bad. With her, I'll take the things slowly. This way is more save.