Chapter thirty-five - Waking up

Hunter's POV:

I woke up really tired and I looked around. Where I am? What has happened? I don't remember much. I know that I was going to see Lexi and after that nothing. Ok, I am in bed. I looked at my hand and saw another one on top of it. I turned to see Lexi on a chair sleeping. Why she is here? I feel pain in all my body. Soon two people walk into the room. These are Lexi's parents. What are they doing here? How did they know about me?

- Hey, you woke up. How are you feeling? Probably you are still in pain. - Lexi's mom said

I didn't answer. I don't know how to act or what to say. Are they mad for the hiding or not? I guess her father noticed that I am nervous.

- We are not mad so you do need to worry. I won't kill you, I promise. - her dad chuckled

- How did you find out? And what has happened? I don't remember much. All I know is that I was going to see Lexi and then I have no idea what happened.

- I don't how, but you had a car crash. Lexi called Aaron and he told her. And since then she is here. She refused to go home. - her mom explained

I looked at Lexi. She sleeps so peacefully. I can't believe that I put her through that. God knows how many days she is here. It's all my fault. I'll make it up to her when I get out of here.

- Are you ok? Did something happen? You look worried. - Lexi's mom said

- I didn't want to put her through that. Lexi doesn't deserve it. From how many days I am here?

- From three days. Lexi was here all the time. Emma, Ricky, and Aaron came to visit you too.

- I didn't want to hurt her. Probably she will be mad at me when she wakes up.

- No, she will be happy to see you. This is all that she wanted. You to wake up. Lexi didn't leave you even for a minute.

- I am not surprised. She would do everything for her friends and me. Something for which I am very thankful.

I'm glad that her parents are not mad at me. I guess that the things between them and Lexi are good for now. We were talking when I felt her hand moving. She is waking up. A huge smile grew on my face in the moment I saw her. I may have lost track of time, but this doesn't mean that I haven't been missing her. To be honest I always miss her. Sometimes even when she is with me. Just because I know that soon she has to go home and I am not ready to let her do it.

- Good morning, babe. Did you sleep well?

- Hunter! You woke up. I can't believe it. - she said and gave me a giant hug

- Well I heard that this is what you wanted and I decide to make your wish come true. - I chuckled

- I missed you. Never do this to me again or the next time I'll kick your a*s, understood?

- Yes, mam. Something else? Like snuggling coming with cuddles?

- You do need to ask twice. - she said and snuggle

Damn it I have missed that. I feel bad for her. I can't imagine how she was feeling staying here and watching me. I held her tight just to make sure that she won't go anywhere. Not like she will do it. Sometimes I forget how good Lexi knows me.

- Hey, what's wrong? Why are you sad? Did I do something? Please, tell me. - Lexi said worriedly

- I'm sorry that I put you through this. You didn't deserve it. I can't imagine how you were feeling watching me like that. I didn't want this to happen. I just wanted to see you, but I guess someone else had other plans for me. I'm sorry Lexi. Can you forgive me?